
Surabaya's BEST Kept Secret: 93555 Triple N Homestay Review!
Surabaya's Best Kept Secret? 93555 Triple N Homestay - Does it DELIVER?! (A Messy, Honest Review)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on this place – 93555 Triple N Homestay in Surabaya. I was skeptical. "Best Kept Secret?" Ugh, marketing speak. But, after spending a few days there? Well, let's just say I might have found my own little slice of paradise, and I'm about to tell you everything about it, the good, the bad, and the slightly… weird. Consider this your full, unfiltered, and slightly rambling guide.
First, the Basics (and the Stuff That Actually Matters):
- Accessibility: Okay, so listen up, because this is important. Wheeeeelchair accessibility? Not fully, folks. While they do have an elevator (thank the heavens!), navigating all the areas wouldn't be a breeze. Might need some assistance, check with the homestay directly before you decide.
- Cleanliness and Safety: (Covid Era Edition) I’m neurotic about hygiene, okay? And 93555 Triple N? They get it. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, individually wrapped food options, the works. They even had hand sanitizer everywhere (like, more than I have in my own house). I saw the staff diligently sanitizing after every guest, from the lobby to the dining areas (I even peeked at the sanitized kitchen and tableware items.) Huge sigh of relief, because let's be honest, post-pandemic travel is still all about the germ warfare.
- Rooms: (The Real Deal) Alright, the rooms. Mine (a "non-smoking" one whew!) was surprisingly spacious and well-equipped (seriously the devil is in the details here, but it's also where they SHINE). Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Hallelujah! Free Wi-Fi (more on that later), a decent desk to work at, and a surprisingly comfy bed with fresh linens. The bathroom was clean and functional, with a decent shower (not the power-shower of my dreams, but hey, I'm not complaining). Complimentary bottled water? They get bonus points for this one, I was always thirsty, even the coffee/tea maker, which was a nice touch. I especially appreciated the window that opens, it's something you don't always get.
- Internet: Internet access – Lan? Yep. Internet access – Wireless/Free Wifi?? Double yep! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Oh, the joy! Okay, so it wasn't the fastest Wi-Fi I've ever experienced, but it was reliable. Which is what mattered because I wanted to binge-watch some stuff at night.
Food, Glorious Food (or, My Stomach's Adventure):
- Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: This is where 93555 Triple N really shines. Forget basic hotel breakfasts, their Asian breakfast was a revelation. I went for the Breakfast [buffet]. I'm not a morning person, and the buffet was the laziest way for me to eat! The Asian cuisine in restaurant was delightful. And they have a Vegetarian restaurant! But the real star? Their coffee shop. Best. Coffee. Ever. (Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating, but it was damn good). They also have a poolside bar (more on the pool later).
- Eating Out Options: A la carte in restaurant? Yes ! I appreciated that they provided bottled water (hydration is key!)
Things to Do (and My Lazy Butt Did):
- The Pool: Listen, I'm a pool snob. Always have been. And this pool with view? Chef's kiss. Seriously stunning, very refreshing after a long day, and they have a poolside bar, so need I say more?
- Ways to Relax (And Failing Miserably): I meant to use the Spa. I truly did. I stared enviously at the list: Body scrub, body wrap, massage, sauna, spa/sauna, steamroom. But I was too busy… well, doing nothing by the pool. Maybe next time. (Pro tip: actually use the spa.)
- Fitness Center: Look, I saw it… I just… didn't use it. Blame the pool. The Gym/Fitness was well-equipped (from what I could see) but, you know… sunshine and cocktails, right?
Services and Conveniences (Because Life is Easier That Way):
- Essential Conveniences: Cash withdrawal, concierge, laundry service, daily housekeeping (thank you, gods of clean!), dry cleaning, luggage storage, and even a convenience store for those midnight snack cravings. Basically, everything you could ever need, right at your fingertips.
- The Little Things That Matter: I loved that they had essential condiments in the restaurant – a small detail, but a thoughtful one.
For the Kids (If You're Bringing the Tiny Humans):
- Family/Child Friendly: Seemed pretty kid-friendly. Saw several families there and they appeared happy. They have babysitting service! So, that’s a plus.
Getting Around (And Surviving Surabaya Traffic):
- Transportation: Airport transfer? Yes, absolutely. They'll get you there and back in style. Car park [free of charge] is a lifesaver in a city like Surabaya. Taxi service available too.
My Emotional Rating:
Okay, so maybe "Best Kept Secret" is accurate. 93555 Triple N Homestay? It's charming, it's comfortable, and it has a lot of soul. Yes, it's not perfect, and it's not the Ritz. But it's honest, it's clean, and it makes you feel… well, good.
Here's the Deal: I'm rating it a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars. Would I go back? Absolutely. Am I recommending it? Absolutely.
(Now, the Marketing Pitch - Sorry, Not Sorry):
Tired of bland hotels and generic experiences? Craving a Surabaya adventure that’s both relaxing and authentic?
Then ditch the cookie-cutter stays and discover 93555 Triple N Homestay.
Here’s what you’re getting:
- Unbeatable Comfort: Spacious, well-appointed rooms with all the essentials (and then some!) like super-comfy beds, blackout curtains, and all the WiFi you can handle.
- Delicious Dining: From glorious Asian breakfasts to world-class coffee, your taste buds will thank you. Poolside bar? Absolutely.
- Relaxation Oasis: Take a dip in the stunning pool, and maybe (unlike me) actually use the spa.
- Impeccable Cleanliness and Safety: Rest easy with their unwavering commitment to hygiene, including anti-viral cleaning and individually wrapped food. Trust me, you'll feel safe and secure.
- Location, Location, Location: It's well connected to get around!
Ready to experience Surabaya like a local, only with a touch of luxury?
Book your stay at 93555 Triple N Homestay NOW and unlock the secret that everyone's been whispering about!
Click here to book [INSERT BOOKING LINK HERE] and use code "HIDDENGEM" for a special discount!
Don't wait – this secret won't stay hidden forever!
Kimpo Amuse Hotel: Your Gimpo Getaway Awaits! (Luxury & Fun!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Surabaya adventure, specifically at that… uh… Spot On 93555 Triple N Homestay. Don't judge the name, I'm on a budget, okay? And honestly, after this? I might need a budget in therapy too, because Indonesia, man, Indonesia…
Day 1: Arrival, Chaos, and Questionable Noodles
6:00 AM (ish): Wake up. Tried to wake up. My internal clock is Swiss-cheese-level unreliable. Arrived at Juanda International Airport. Jet lag is a beast. I feel like I've been steamrolled by a herd of grumpy elephants. First impressions? Hot. Humid. And a whole lot of smells I can’t quite place. One thing's for sure, the air is thick with the promise of adventure… and possibly indigestion.
7:30 AM: Taxi! Negotiating prices with these guys is an Olympic sport. I'm pretty sure I got ripped off, but hey, the driver’s infectious enthusiasm and the constant honking made it almost… charming? Almost. Found my way to the homestay. It's… basic. Let's just say "minimalist charm" is being extremely generous. But the AC works, and that's half the battle in this climate.
9:00 AM: Unpack. Discover I've forgotten a vital piece of kit - my favourite toothbrush. The horror! Deep existential crisis ensues. Decide to power through.
10:00 AM: First foray into the Surabaya streets. Brave the chaotic traffic – scooters weaving like drunken fireflies. Seriously, I'm pretty sure several near-death experiences were had within the first five minutes. I'm starting to understand why Indonesians have such calm zen-like attitudes… it's probably the constant acceptance of impending doom.
11:00 AM: Food quest! Found a warung (small local eatery) and cautiously tried Mie Goreng. Uh… it was… something. Not bad. Just… different. Let's just say it involved a surprising amount of chili and an even more surprising amount of… well, I’m not quite sure what. But the locals were friendly, smiled a lot while I was sweating. Points for atmosphere and the delicious, overly-sweet iced tea.
1:00 PM: Nap time! That food and the jet lag were a killer combo, and my bed suddenly looked heavenly.
3:00 PM: Back on the streets. Visited the House of Sampoerna, a beautifully quirky place with a mix of elegance and a factory production. The people are so friendly and always up for a photos. I also came across a street performer (the first of many). He was playing this weird, almost haunting music on some kind of bamboo flute thing. It was beautiful and a bit weird, and totally perfect for this city.
5:00 PM: Stumbled (literally) into a market. Sensory overload! So many colours, smells, and… things. I couldn’t even begin to name half of them, the most interesting part, the variety is mind-boggling. I bought a bright orange shirt that I'll probably regret later. But for now, it's a glorious testament to my reckless spirit.
7:00 PM: Dinner. Tried something else from a warung. This time, it was Nasi Goreng. Still a bit spicy, but less… mysterious. I'm starting to get the hang of this. And secretly, I think I'm starting to adore the chaos.
9:00 PM: Exhausted and ready for bed. Survived my first day. Feeling a mix of exhilaration and utter bewilderment. This city is WILD.
Day 2: History, Humidity, And The Persistent Call Of The Toilet
6:30 AM: Wake up! Maybe. Or maybe I'm still half dreaming, I’m not sure. Still not feeling fully functional but made it into the world, this time a bit earlier.
7:00 AM: Breakfast. The homestay owner offered me a delightful mix of what he simply called "local breakfasts". I was afraid, nervous, and curious to try the meal.
9:00 AM: Visiting the old town, so, so many historical sites. It’s like a real-life history book come to life, but a very humid, slightly sweatier version. I was fascinated by the architecture, and the stories behind it. Very emotional, and a little draining.
11:00 AM: Back in the old town, some more historical sites and old relics. The sheer amount of history packed into this city is incredible. I'm starting to think I need a PhD just to scratch the surface. But hey, at least my orange shirt fits in!
1:00 PM: Lunch. This time I spotted a local stall that looked very interesting. I decided to try my favorite thing, Nasi Goreng with some seafood.
3:00 PM: The highlight of my day, visiting a museum! The place was beautiful, historic and filled with amazing moments. The guide, this elderly chap with a twinkle in his eye, led me around. He regaled me with stories. I was so lost into listening at the stories that I completely forgot what he was saying. A total disconnect. But in short, the museum was definitely a must-see!
5:00 PM: The dreaded rain is getting bad. So I took the trip to the nearest shopping mall to escape the harsh weather. I was a little bit disappointed, but I also realized that I am missing some of the best things available in the world. Some of the best experiences.
7:00 PM: Dinner. Tried something local. This time, it was Sate Ayam. This was super delicious!
9:00 PM: Exhausted and ready for bed. Feeling a mix of exhilaration and utter bewilderment + some bad jetlag. This city is WILD, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.
Day 3: Homestay, Reflecting, and Planning.
- 7:00 AM: Woke up on time! Feeling great!
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Ate some local breakfasts.
- 9:00 AM: Had a chat with the homestay operator. He was so friendly!
- 10:00 AM: Started planning for the next destination.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch.
- 1:00 PM: Started my trip back home.
The Verdict:
Surabaya is a messy, chaotic, beautiful, and utterly unforgettable city. Yes, I got lost. Yes, I ate some questionable food. Yes, I probably sweat enough to hydrate a small rainforest. But I also laughed, explored, and (dare I say it?) lived. It's a place that smacks you in the face with its energy and leaves you craving more. And that homestay? Okay, it wasn’t the Ritz. But it was ours. And that, my friends, is an adventure worth more than any five-star hotel.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find some more questionable noodles.
Escape to Paradise: Your Cozy Homestay in Nakhon Nayok, Thailand!
93555 Triple N Homestay: You *Need* to Know Before You Go (and Maybe After!)
Okay, spill the tea. Is 93555 Triple N Homestay *actually* Surabaya's best-kept secret? Or is it all hype?
Alright, let's be real. "Best-kept secret"? That sounds like marketing fluff, right? But... yeah, it's earned that title. I went in expecting your typical guesthouse, maybe a bit run-down. Instead, I stumbled into... well, a whole vibe. It’s less a hotel, and more like crashing at your unbelievably cool, slightly chaotic friend's place. Think art, plants everywhere, and a genuine warmth that melts away Jakarta’s hustle – or Surabaya's, for that matter. There was this one time, the AC in my room was a bit wonky (first hiccup!), so I messaged the owner... and BAM! Within 10 minutes, a guy appeared like a ninja, fixing it. Amazing!
What's the deal with the "N" in Triple N? Is it a secret code? A tribute to noodles?
LOL! Good question. I was picturing some secret society thing, maybe a connection to something… exotic. Turns out, it’s a family thing. I’m pretty sure I heard the owner saying the "N" stands for the family's names, but I'm not going to try and remember them cause it'll probably wrong anyways. It’s less about the mysterious, and more about the family. And trust me, the food situation is no joke – you’ll feel like you’re *part* of the family. They offered me something I'm sure that would be considered crazy back home. Let's just say, it was spicy!
The reviews talk about the food. Is it really *that* good? Prepare my tastebuds.
Oh. My. God. The food. I’m writing this while already craving it. Seriously. Forget your hotel buffet breakfasts. Here, you're dealing with a proper Indonesian feast. Nasi goreng, mie goreng, fresh fruit... and the sambal? Oh, the sambal. It's probably the spiciest I’ve ever had, but I *could not* stop eating it. I actually asked the chef to give me the recipe. (He laughed, of course. Said it was a 'family secret.') The coffee is strong, the juices are freshly squeezed... Basically, pack your stretchy pants. This is not a drill – this is a food emergency waiting to happen (in the best way, of course!). WARNING: You might need a nap after every meal.
What are the rooms like? Are they Instagram-worthy, or more "lived-in"?
Okay, here's a bit of honesty – the rooms aren't pristine, magazine-cover perfect. They have… character. They are absolutely charming! Think vintage furniture, quirky artwork, and a cozy feel. They're cleaned regularly, so don't worry about anything too gross. They are the type of room that makes you happy to be alive! And if you like a good IG photo op, you won’t be disappointed. But the vibe of the place, that's worth more than any perfectly-styled bedroom. My room overlooked a gorgeous garden – waking up to birdsong was a total win. (Though, one morning, a rooster decided to audition for a heavy metal band… but hey, that’s life, right?)
Is it noisy at night? I'm a light sleeper.
Right, the noise level… Well, it *is* in Surabaya. You'll hear the usual city sounds – scooters, the occasional call to prayer (beautiful, usually!). But the homestay itself is pretty peaceful. The rooms are decently soundproofed – definitely better than some other places I've stayed. The main thing is: if you're super sensitive, bring earplugs. But honestly the most disruptive thing I experienced was the rooster next door's early-morning singing. He's got lungs on him! So yeah... earplugs? Highly recommended. And maybe a prayer for the poor rooster's vocal cords.
What's the location like? Is it convenient for getting around Surabaya?
The location is… okay. It's not smack-bang in the city centre, which is a good thing, actually. It's far enough away from the chaos. You'll probably need a Grab or Gojek (local ride-sharing apps) to get around. But that's standard in Surabaya anyway. The staff can help organize transport, so just ask. The homestay is in a pretty safe neighborhood, very local feel. There's a cute little warung (local eatery) just down the street… seriously, you can't go wrong! The only thing is, the streets can get a tad crazy during peak hours, but that's part of the Surabaya experience, right?
Should I go here if I'm looking for luxury?
Absolutely not. If you NEED a pool, a giant TV, and a pillow menu, this is NOT for you. This is about genuine hospitality, not sterile luxury. This is about a home away from home—a place to connect with people and experience a different side of Surabaya. If you want a fancy hotel, book one. If you want a truly memorable experience, try Triple N. It’s the antithesis of generic travel. And trust me, you'll be craving that nasi goreng long after you leave.
Okay, you've convinced me. But what if I have a problem? Are the staff actually helpful?
Yes, the staff are AMAZING. Like, ridiculously helpful. They genuinely care. I remember one day I was struggling to find a specific ingredient for a recipe (I'm a bit of a foodie, if you can't tell). The girl on reception spent, like, an hour on the phone, calling market after market, to find it for me. They go above and beyond. They'll offer advice, help you plan trips, basically anything you need. And they’re always smiling. You can tell they really love what they do. It’s the best part, really. That feeling of being cared for makes the slight imperfections of the place totally worth it.
Rating time! On a scale of 1-5 stars, what's your verdict?
Okay, okay… Verdict time. Based on everything – the food, the staff, the overall vibe… and my lingering nasi goreng cravings… I'd give Triple N a solid 4.5 stars. It's not perfect, but it's perfectly *wonderful*. That missing half-star is because, honestly, the rooster situation was a touch rough. But in all seriousness, it is anThe Stay Journey

