Crete's Chicest 1BD Suites: Athina's Private Pool Awaits!

Athina Suites | 1BD chic apartments w/shared pool Crete Island Greece

Athina Suites | 1BD chic apartments w/shared pool Crete Island Greece

Crete's Chicest 1BD Suites: Athina's Private Pool Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Crete's Chicest 1BD Suites: Athina's Private Pool Awaits! – and I'm not holding back. Forget the polished brochure, this is the real deal, the sweaty palms and the "OMG, is that a roach?" kind of real deal. Let's get messy!

SEO, SEO, wherefore art thou SEO? (And other internet woes…)

First, the keyword dance. We're talking Crete, Chic Suites, 1BD Suites, Private Pool, Athina's, Luxury, Accessibility, Spa, WiFi, Crete Hotels, Best Hotels Crete. Got it? Good. Now let's tear this place apart (metaphorically, of course… hopefully).

The Initial Impression: Sunshine and… Slight Disappointment?

Arriving at Athina's? Gorgeous. The pictures? They don't lie. That pool? Sizzling. The first thought? Sigh… This is going to be good. My kind of good.

But, here's where the real me, the honest me, chimes in. Initial impressions. The outside looked like something out of a modern fairy tale. The elevator- which I didn't need because I’m a bit of a stair climber, but it's there in case you are. Nice touch. The lobby? Clean. The welcome drink? Okay – I'm sure its great for some, but honestly, I had a flight and a headache, so it was just pretty.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (and that’s okay!)

Let's tackle the accessibility front. Facilities for disabled guests: Check. Elevator: Check. It is there, folks. Exterior corridor: Makes life easier. However, be prepared to Contactless check-in/out which sometimes feels…impersonal. I LIKE people, you know? Makes for better stories!

Inside the Suite: Poolside Bliss (Almost…)

The 1BD Suite itself? Clean. Very clean. The things I saw, the details are worth looking at:

  • Air Conditioning: Yes, thank the gods. Because the days are hot and I didn't want to melt.
  • Balcony: With a seating area, which is nice.
  • Mini Bar: Always a win, right? For a midnight snack (or three).
  • Private Pool: The reason you're here! And it delivered. The water was pristine, the sun roasted my skin perfectly, and I managed to forget, for a few blessed hours, that I had responsibilities… and that I have a really hard time relaxing.
  • Free Wi-Fi: (In all rooms!) Yes. Good. A must. And in the public areas. Yes! Even in the Swimming pool. That's a win.
  • Desk, Laptop workspace: For those of us who are ALWAYS working.
  • Blackout curtains: Thank you! I will see the sun when I choose to, dammit!

Internet: The Bane of My Existence (and Sometimes My Savior)

The WiFi? Mostly reliable. But I'm an online kinda gal. So, yeah, it's there. Internet access – LAN - For the old-school folks, apparently. Internet services: Check-ish. See, sometimes things crashed or things were slow. But hey, I am in Crete - what more would you want.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Get Ready to Indulge (and Maybe Overindulge)

Okay, let's get to the good stuff. The relaxation. The reason you're booking this place. And let me tell you, Athina's doesn't disappoint.

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: Obviously. It's the star.
  • Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Yes, yes and yes to all of these! They weren't crowded, which was perfect.
  • Massage: Got one. Absolutely sublime. The therapist? A goddess. I actually dozed off… twice. Pure bliss.
  • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Didn't hit these, because, well, vacations are for napping. But they looked decent enough.
  • Body scrub, Body wrap: Yep, you can get all of that pampering.

Food, Glorious Food (and Maybe a Little Digestive Distress)

The dining situation? A mixed bag.

  • Breakfast: The Breakfast [buffet] was a sight to behold. Asian breakfast and Western breakfast? They know what they're doing here.
  • Restaurants: Restaurants, Bar, Poolside bar: They have it and the drinks are good.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Essential for those late-night cravings.
  • A la carte in restaurant: A bit expensive, but good.
  • Vegetarian restaurant: I don't have, but glad for it.

Cleanliness and Safety: Did They Get it Right?

Okay, this is important. Cleanliness in a post-pandemic world is everything.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Check
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Check.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Check.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Check.
  • Safe dining setup: Yes.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They tried.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

A lot of little things here:

  • Air conditioning in public area: Check
  • Concierge: Helpful.
  • Currency exchange, Cash withdrawal: Handy.
  • Doorman, Luggage storage: Makes life easier.
  • Daily housekeeping: Excellent.
  • Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: Perfect!
  • Babysitting service: For the families.
  • Shops: They have a little gift shop for all of your silly purchases.

For the Kids, For the Lovers, For the Partiers… Everyone’s Welcome(ish)

Family/child friendly: Yep. They seem to be. Proposal spot: Maybe? It's beautiful there.

Getting Around and Other Bits and Pieces

  • Airport transfer: They offer it. Use it!
  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: Easy.
  • Taxi service: Available.
  • Smoking area: They have one.
  • Pets allowed unavailable: Leave the furry friends at home.

The Quirks, The Imperfections, The Honest to Goodness Truth

Okay, let's be real. Nothing's perfect.

  • The Soundproofing: Sometimes a bit iffy.
  • The Price: It's not cheap.
  • The Crowds: It can get busy, especially around the pool.
  • Staff: Helpful, but a little impersonal at times.

Overall: The Verdict? Worth It.

Look, Athina's is good. Really good. That private pool alone is worth the price of admission. It's a place to get away, to disconnect, and to (mostly) relax. It's not perfect, but it's damn close. Do you want to be pampered? Are you happy to spend a bit more for the experience?? Book it!

The Offer: Ditch the Mediocrity, Embrace the Bliss – Athina's Awaits!

Tired of the same old boring vacations? Craving a dose of pure, unadulterated luxury with a side of sunshine and relaxation? Well, pack your bags, because Crete's Chicest 1BD Suites: Athina's Private Pool Awaits! is calling your name.

Here's the deal: Book your stay now and receive a complimentary bottle of local Cretan wine upon arrival, perfect for sipping poolside as you soak up the sun. But wait, there's more! Enjoy a special discount on their signature spa treatments and savor a delicious breakfast delivered directly to your suite each morning.

Book now! You deserve it. Because life's too short for boring vacations. Escape to Athina's and rediscover the art of pure relaxation.

Escape to Paradise: Zanzibar's Most Luxurious Hotel Awaits

Book Now

Athina Suites | 1BD chic apartments w/shared pool Crete Island Greece

Athina Suites | 1BD chic apartments w/shared pool Crete Island Greece

Alright, buckle up buttercups! This ain't your grandma's meticulously colour-coded travel itinerary. We're heading to Athina Suites in Crete, and it's gonna be… well, let's see what it's gonna be. I'm going to try to be as "authentic" as possible.

CRETE CHAOS: Athina Suites & The Art of Winging It

Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the All-Important Ouzo

  • Morning (ish) - The Great Delayed Departure Debacle: Okay, let's be honest. No trip ever starts on time. My flight? Delayed. By hours. Apparently, "technical difficulties" translates to "we accidentally forgot to put fuel in the plane." Wonderful. Cue obligatory airport-induced hangry-ness. Ended up eating a questionable ham and cheese croissant that tasted suspiciously of despair.
  • Afternoon - Landing in Crete, Feeling the Sun (and Panic): Athens, get left in some other direction! FINALLY, Crete! The air is warm, the sun is glorious… and I’m convinced I've forgotten how to travel. Where’s my bag? Where's the transfer? Is my passport still valid? Deep breaths. Thankfully, the transfer driver guy was super chill and blasting some seriously questionable Greek pop music. Score.
  • Late Afternoon - Athina Suites: Chic or Just… Clean? Found the suites! Okay, maybe it's chic-ish. The shared pool does look inviting. I mean, there's a slight issue with the air conditioning being weaker than a newborn kitten. But hey, it's clean. Mostly. I’ll unpack later. I'm going to find some of that pool and then… Ouzo. Survival strategy.
  • Evening - Dinner and the Ouzo Effect: Found a taverna nearby. Ordered grilled octopus (because I'm brave, or at least pretending to be) and loads of tzatziki. AND THE Ouzo! Oh mamma mia! The world slowly transformed. The view? Stunning! The people? Suddenly, all best friends! The octopus? Delicious, but maybe just a little too rubbery. Ended up singing off-key karaoke with a table of Germans. Don’t judge. The Ouzo made me do it.

Day 2: Rethymno Revelations (and a Cat Fight)

  • Morning - Rethymno Bound (After a Strong Coffee): Decided to rent a car. Driving on the "wrong" side of the road on Greek mountain roads is an experience. Let's just say the GPS and I had a few arguments. Okay, quite a few. But hey, we made it to Rethymno!
  • Late Morning-Exploring the Venetian Harbour: The Venetian harbour is stunning. Cobblestone streets, colourful buildings… it's all very Instagrammable. Spent far too long photographing a bougainvillea bush. Very important.
  • Lunch Time-A Taverna Disaster Went hunting for a lovely taverna. Got lured in by promises of "authentic" cuisine. The food? Not so authentic. The service? Non-existent. The bill? Highway robbery. Found myself getting into catfight with the waiter about how the "fresh" seafood was probably from the freezer. Left in a huff, vowing to become a master chef just to spite him.
  • Afternoon - Fortress Fortezza: Climb the Fortress Fortezza. The views from the top are incredible! The climb? Brutal. I’m pretty sure I saw my life flash before my eyes. Worth it for the panorama. Sweaty, but worth it.
  • Evening- Dinner, Dancing, and… More Ouzo! I’m starting to recognize the local tavernas. Tried to be "cultured," ordered something with "local herbs and spices." Delicious. Started to feel the effects of the food. Then the dancing. The Cretans know how to party. Ended the night doing the Kalamatianos. Humiliating, exhilarating, and probably the best fun I've ever had.

Day 3: Pool Day, Pool Drama, and the Search for the Perfect Souvlaki

  • Morning-The Pool, the Perils, and the Prosecco: Lounging by the pool. Ah, pure bliss. Until a rogue beach ball (and a group of very enthusiastic children) decided to declare war on my zen. Moved. Found a quieter spot. Then discovered my sun cream had exploded in my bag. Disaster. Decided to drown my sorrows in a pre-emptive Prosecco. No regrets.
  • Mid-day-Souvlaki Quest: The quest for the perfect souvlaki begins. I've heard tales of legendary pork on a stick. Must find it. Wandered the streets, inhaling the glorious aroma of grilling meat. Found a little place hidden away. The souvlaki? Perfection. The price? Ridiculously cheap. Success!
  • Afternoon- Sunbathing, and then…Nap Time: Back to the pool- this time- with serious sun cream. Actually managed to read a whole chapter of my book. Then fell asleep. Woke up to find a rogue insect had decided to take residence on my eyebrow. Yikes!
  • Evening- Sunset, Seafood, and Reflections: Found a taverna by the coast. Watched the sunset. It was so beautiful. And then the seafood came. Oh, the seafood! The flavours were divine. And the wine was crisp and fresh and delicious. Sat there, reflecting on the joy of travel… and making a mental note to invest in more sun cream.

Day 4: Day trip! The Monastery of Arkadi and Olive Oil Gluttony

  • Morning - Monastery of Arkadi: Headed to the Monastery of Arkadi. The history is heavy, but the atmosphere is peaceful. Felt a pang of existentialism staring at the ancient architecture.
  • Lunch- Olive Oil!: Decided a little detour was in order. Went to an olive oil tasting. The olives, the oil… heaven! Tried a few different sorts.
  • Afternoon- The Driving Saga Continues: The Greek roads, the endless switchbacks! Made it back to the suites in one piece, feeling a mix of exhaustion and triumph.
  • Evening- Athina Suites Serenity: Back to the suites for a lazy evening. A swim in the pool, a glass of wine. Tried to pack. Failed. Decided to celebrate the trip with… more ouzo!

Day 5: Departure, Regrets, and Planning the Next Adventure (While Still in Crete)

  • Morning - The Dreaded Departure: Time to say goodbye. The flight’s on time! That's a miracle. But it's so sad to leave!
  • Afternoon - The airport: Waiting for the flight. Trying to remember the good bits. I have a tan, slightly less sanity, and too many photos - probably enough to fill a museum.
  • Evening - Heading home: Made it home. Now I'm already planning my next trip. Crete, I will return! And next time, I'm bringing more sun cream, less luggage, and maybe a phrasebook. And definitely more ouzo.

Final Thoughts (or Ramblings, Really):

Crete is… wild. Gorgeous, frustrating, delicious, chaotic. It's a place that steals your heart. The people, the food, the history… it's all incredible. Yes, there were hiccups. Yes, I probably embarrassed myself on numerous occasions. But that’s the beauty of it. It's real. It's raw. It's authentic. Just like me (or, at least, my messy, opinionated travel journal). And Athina Suites? Well, they were a fine base camp for the adventure. Not perfect. But perfectly Cretan.

Now, where's my ouzo?

Escape to Paradise: Long Hải Beach's Hidden Gem Awaits!

Book Now

Athina Suites | 1BD chic apartments w/shared pool Crete Island Greece

Athina Suites | 1BD chic apartments w/shared pool Crete Island Greece

Okay, so Athina's... Private Pool. That's the ONLY thing to know, right? Spill the T!

HA! You wish, sweetie. Athina's IS all about that sparkling, turquoise siren call of a pool – seriously, I almost drowned in my own GASPS the first time I saw it. But no, there's *more*. Like, the little details. That ridiculously comfy bed that swallowed me whole after a particularly robust Greek lunch (gyros, obviously). The way the sunlight just *poured* in every morning... I swear, it practically sang me awake. I mean, that pool IS the star. But the supporting cast – the view, the peace, the tiny ants that occasionally invaded my leftover baklava stash… they all contribute. Don't go in thinking it's just a pool, though. It's an experience. A *slightly* messy, gloriously imperfect experience. And yes, you need to Instagram it. Immediately. (But don't hog it *too* long, alright?)

Is it REALLY "chic"? Like, will I feel underdressed in a kaftan? (Because yes, I have one.)

Chic? Honey, it's practically dripping in chic. The decor is minimalist perfection – think whitewashed walls, clean lines, and pops of vibrant color (that pool, naturally!). You'll see more linen than you thought humanly possible. *Definitely* bring the kaftan. In fact, bring multiple. I'm pretty sure I lived in mine. Honestly, the only thing you'll *possibly* feel underdressed in is your own self-doubt. Embrace the glam, darlings! Wander around barefoot, sip your wine, and pretend you're starring in a vintage travel commercial. (I did.) The only "imperfection" I noticed was the slightly dodgy Wi-Fi on occasion - a small price to pay for digital detox from a perfect poolside experience.

1BD Suite… what's the *real* deal with the bedroom? Does it have that weird hotel room vibe?

Oh, the bedroom. Let's just say it's a *vast* improvement on the standard hotel experience. No nasty, beige, soul-sucking walls here. Think more... sanctuary. The bed, as I mentioned, is a cloud. And the lighting? Perfect for... well, whatever you're planning. Reading, napping, staring moodily out the window (which, naturally, has a stunning view). It feels like a real, proper bedroom – not a sterile box. It's cozy without being cramped. Romantic without being *too* much (unless you bring the right company, of course).
I once spent an entire afternoon in bed, nursing a slight hangover from the previous night’s wine tasting (oops!), reading and listening to the waves. Pure bliss. Seriously, it felt like a second home, if my home was a Greek island paradise.

Food? I'm a foodie. Tell me... kitchen... cooking? Dinner?

Okay, the kitchen is… functional. Don't expect to whip up a Michelin-star meal. It's more for basics: coffee, heating up leftovers (from the amazing local tavernas, which you *absolutely* should try – multiple times!), making a quick salad. Essentials only. Trust me, you'll be spending most of your time by the pool, not slaving over a hot stove.
Honestly, the best dinner I had there was the takeaway souvlaki I inhaled on the balcony, watching the sunset. And the best breakfast? Fresh fruit I bought from the corner store in the morning, eaten on the terrace overlooking the sea. It was all about the EXPERIENCE! Also, the nearby tavernas are seriously worth exploring, the smells from the cooking and the friendliness of the owners. Don't miss the Moussaka!
If you are planning on a serious cooking experience, though, maybe look elsewhere. Otherwise, the kitchen is more than enough for your needs.

Location, Location, Location! Is it convenient to... *anything*?

Convenient isn't the word I'd use. Let's say... strategically placed. It's not smack-dab in the middle of a tourist frenzy, thank goodness. *However,* a rental car is *essential*. Which, let's be honest, is part of the fun, right? Exploring the island, getting lost on tiny roads (it'll happen!), discovering hidden coves… The suites are a short drive to adorable villages, stunning beaches, and, of course, those aforementioned epic tavernas. So, YES, it's convenient in the sense that you can easily escape the crowds and discover the REAL Crete. It's a basecamp for adventure, basically. And trust me, the drive back to your private pool after a day of exploring is the most glorious thing ever.

Any downsides? Spill the tea! No sugarcoating!

Okay, okay… here's the *real* dirt. The Wi-Fi can be a little… temperamental. Don't expect to stream Netflix seamlessly. Embrace the digital detox, I say! Another thing: you might find yourself utterly, completely, hopelessly addicted to that pool. You're warned. You might never want to leave. And… *I'm* personally haunted by the faint scent of bougainvillea, because it reminds me of my almost-perfect escape, and I miss it terribly. Also, the ants. They are *persistent* if you leave food lying around, learn from my mistakes and keep things clean! Mostly, though, the downsides are so minor they barely register. Just book it. Now. Before I book it again myself!

Would you go back? Be honest!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'm already mentally planning my return. My bank account is screaming, but my soul is singing. The answer is a resounding, unequivocal, and deeply emotional YES! I’m already calculating flight prices… and daydreaming of that pool. It’s not just a holiday spot; it’s a feeling. A memory. The kind you cherish. Go. Now. Get. BOOK IT. (And send me a postcard, will ya?)

Roam And Rests

Athina Suites | 1BD chic apartments w/shared pool Crete Island Greece

Athina Suites | 1BD chic apartments w/shared pool Crete Island Greece

Athina Suites | 1BD chic apartments w/shared pool Crete Island Greece

Athina Suites | 1BD chic apartments w/shared pool Crete Island Greece