
Bogotá's Hidden Gem: ApartaHotel Los Alcazares Awaits!
Bogotá's Hidden Gem: ApartaHotel Los Alcazares Awaits! - A Brutally Honest Review (and Why You Should Book Now!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're diving headfirst into the whirlwind that is ApartaHotel Los Alcazares in Bogotá. Forget those sterile, corporate reviews. You want the real deal? You got it. I'm talking warts and all, with a generous helping of "OMG I need a cocktail" sprinkled in.
First Impressions & Accessibility (Or, The Elevator Saga):
Landing in Bogotá, breathing in that crisp, high-altitude air… bliss. Then, you gotta navigate the city. I was immediately impressed – the area felt surprisingly safe and walkable. Getting to Los Alcazares was a breeze thanks to their airport transfer service. Thank god! After a long flight, the last thing you want is to wrestle with taxis.
Important note for the mobility-challenged: The website says they have facilities for disabled guests, including an elevator. Now, the elevator… let's just say it's seen better days. It's a bit of a slowpoke, and I wouldn’t bet my life on it. So, if you're relying heavily on accessible features, double-check with them before booking if you have specific requirements. Otherwise, the lobby and common areas seemed generally okay, but that elevator… it needs a hug.
Cleanliness and Safety (My Obsession):
Okay, confession time: I’m a germaphobe. I'm the person who carries their own bleach wipes on holiday, so I'm all about the clean. The good news? Los Alcazares scores major points here. Massive points. They're clearly taking hygiene seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Double check. I even saw someone meticulously cleaning the door handles… multiple times! It definitely put my mind at ease. They didn't get into ridiculous levels, though, thankfully. No need to be scrubbing them until they're raw. The rooms are sanitized between stays and they take a lot of steps. Plus, a doctor/nurse on call? Peace of mind! They offer hand sanitizer everywhere, too. I also learned that they have hygiene certifications and have staff trained in safety protocol. So, you know, I slept soundly knowing everything was being taken care of.
Rooms: Cozy, Comfortable… and Possibly My New Home (Mostly):
My room was a dream! Not the pristine, soul-crushing white-on-white you often get. It was warm, inviting, with a touch of personality. Air conditioning? Yes. Thank god. Bogotá can swing from chilly to baking in minutes. Blackout curtains? Essential for those jet lag days. And a free Wi-Fi in all rooms that actually worked! I'm usually tethering to my phone, but the internet was reliable, as was the LAN access!
The bed…oh, the bed. Extra long, so you can stretch out without the terror of dangling feet. The separate shower and bath are a nice touch, and honestly? I loved the little extras. They provided complimentary tea, toiletries you can actually use, and fluffy bathrobes. The room was meticulously clean, a real testament to the cleaning staff.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Fueling the Adventure (Or, That Breakfast Buffet…):
Food is important. The breakfast buffet was a highlight, especially after a few rough nights of adjusting to the altitude. There was the best fresh fruit I've ever tasted. The coffee was strong enough to jumpstart a car, the pastry was perfect. I loved the Asian breakfast and the Western options for a bit of variety!
I will admit, the a la carte options at their restaurant are a bit hit-or-miss. The international cuisine is there, and they have a decent salad if you're into that. However, the staff were attentive and happy to make alterations, which made a difference.
I loved the convenience of the poolside bar for grabbing a snack. I ended up drinking a few too many margaritas in happy hour, but it was worth it.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day… Almost (But That Sauna…):
This hotel truly understands the value of things to do on vacation! They have amazing amenities.
Massage? Check. Spa? Check. Sauna? YES!
I did one day at the spa where I got a body scrub and a body wrap. I also enjoyed the sauna. And I wasn't expecting it, but they have a pool with a view! All of the relaxation facilities are top-notch.
They have a gym! Gym/fitness. I didn't use it, but I saw others using it and it looked very well maintained.
Okay, the big pitch:
Here's the deal:
ApartaHotel Los Alcazares is a solid choice. It might not be perfect, but it’s got heart, it’s clean, it's convenient, and it's priced extremely well. If you're looking for a comfortable, safe, and welcoming base for exploring Bogotá, this is it.
Why book now?
- Proximity to Everything: The location is fantastic, making it easy to explore the city's wonders.
- Safety First: Reassuring safety measures put your mind at ease so you can enjoy yourself.
- Relaxation Central: After a day of sightseeing, return to the spa at your own pace.
- That Breakfast, Seriously! You will not be disappointed.
- Value for Money: You get a lot for your buck.
The Call to Action (Here's Where I Get Bossy):
Don't overthink it. Book ApartaHotel Los Alcazares. Seriously. You won't regret it. They need to know that this is the place. You'll sleep soundly, eat well, and feel taken care of. Go on, treat yourself. You deserve it!
Uncover Hidden Gems: Your Dream Italian Escape Awaits at Residenze Santa Costanza!
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're going to Bogotá, specifically the ApartaHotel Los Alcazares, and it's gonna be…well, it's gonna be what it's gonna be. And let me tell you, I have a feeling already. This is gonna be a gloriously messy, opinionated, probably carb-heavy adventure. Here we go:
Bogotá Breakdown: A Fiesta of Frustration and Fun (Probably)
Day 1: Arrival and Altitude Hysteria
Morning (The Descent into Chaos): Landed in El Dorado International Airport. The air already feels…thinner? God, this altitude is gonna be the death of me. Grabbed a taxi – the guy barely spoke a word of English, and my Spanglish is rusty as hell. Praying he doesn't take me on a scenic route, because honestly, I'm already sweating.
Early Afternoon (ApartaHotel Arrival & Panic): Found the ApartaHotel Los Alcazares. Cute building, actually. Lobby is…compact. Check-in was a blur of signatures and promises that I'd understand things eventually. Dragged my suitcase up what felt like a million stairs (no elevator, naturally – it seems my pre-trip workout regime was totally pointless). The room? Okay. Clean-ish. View? Well, at least I can see the sky.
Late Afternoon (Altitude Angst and Arepas): Now for the real test: food. I felt like a lost puppy. Wandered the block, dizzy and slightly nauseous. Found a tiny little street vendor, god bless them, making arepas. Glorious, golden, cheesy arepas. Ate three. Regret? Maybe. The sheer deliciousness? Absolutely not. Suddenly, the world spins again. Feeling like I'm in a goddamn cartoon.
Evening (Attempted Relaxation, Failed Miserably): Collapsed on the bed. Tried to read. Passed out for an hour. Woke up with a pounding headache. Altitude, the freaking devil. Ordered some tea. Couldn’t figure out the channel on the TV. My Spanish is worse than I thought. Called it a night before it even started.
Day 2: La Candelaria and Coffee Complications
Morning (The Colors of La Candelaria - and the Cold): Okay, woke up with a slightly less brutal headache. Fueled up on (more) arepas. Today, La Candelaria! The historic district! Grabbed a taxi (same driver, which is…concerning). The buildings are gorgeous. Really gorgeous, covered in vibrant street art. Spent a solid hour just wandering around, taking pictures like a deranged tourist. Took a walking tour. Was freezing. Had to buy one of those little hats.
Mid-Morning (Coffee Chaos): Found a café (again, praying for wifi). Ordered a latte. Thought, "I should at least try to be cultured." Coffee, the Columbian Way. It wasn't bad, but the sheer amount of people, the general chaos of it all, it was…a lot. The latte was cold within five minutes. Sat there for a solid hour just people watching. It was fantastic, the best part of the trip.
Afternoon (Gold Museum and Existential Dread): Gold museum! The pre-Columbian gold artifacts are mind-blowing. Honestly, some of the artistry is just…stunning. But, let's be real, looking at piles of gold makes me feel simultaneously rich and like a total peasant. Like, what am I even doing with my life? Why can't I make things out of gold? Existential crises are apparently a side effect of museum visits.
Evening (Dinner Dilemmas and Bedtime Bliss): Ate dinner at a local restaurant. The sancocho (Colombian soup) was amazing. The waiter spoke zero English. This became the running theme of the day. Managed to order…something. It was delicious. Collapsed in bed. Ready to embrace the simple pleasures of pillow time.
Day 3: Monserrate Mountain and a Mid-Trip Meltdown (Maybe)
Morning (The Ascent of Monserrate - aka My New Nemesis): Decided to take the cable car up Monserrate. Gorgeous views of the city. Glorious. The climb up (or, in my case, the very slow, very cautious descent down) was brutal. I think the altitude is getting to me. My legs felt like jelly. Gasping for air. Halfway down I thought, "This is it. This is how I die in Bogotá." But the view from the top? Worth it.
Mid-Day (The "I Need a Break" Break): Back to the ApartaHotel. Ordered room service (because, yes, I deserve to indulge). Ate an entire bag of chips. Watched some terrible Spanish-language TV. Spent a straight hour staring at the wall doing precisely nothing because that's the kind of person I am.
Afternoon (The Chunks of my heart are melting): I went to the botero museum. I spent hours just staring at the art of the famous artist Fernando Botero. His massive people and animals were just something else. So cute, so much more interesting than gold, than the normal views. I found myself, a stranger, chatting with another, over a single painting, making friends that I didn't expect.
Evening (The Verdict?): Dinner at a local place. It was great food. I'm getting the hang of things.
Day 4: Exit
- Morning (Last Arepa, Goodbye): Well, I am off to the airport.
- Afternoon (The Airport): Goodbye, Bogotá. I hate and love you.
- Evening (Back Home): I have arrived back home.
Final Thoughts:
Bogotá, you beautifully chaotic, altitude-inducing, arepa-filled beast. You were a struggle, but you were also amazing. I learned some Spanish. I saw some incredible things. I ate a lot of food. I'm not sure I've become cultured, but I'm definitely more…experienced. And I wouldn't trade the mess and the madness for anything. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. I think altitude sickness takes its toll long after you think is has passed.
Taipei Beauty: Unveiling the Secrets of Taipei Main Station's Glam Squad
Bogotá's Best Kept Secret: ApartaHotel Los Alcazares - The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Unpredictable!
Okay, spill it. What *is* ApartaHotel Los Alcazares, and why are you so obsessed?
Location, location, location! Where exactly *is* this supposed paradise?
So, the rooms... are they amazing? Or are they, you know, 'budget-friendly'?
What about the service? Are the staff friendly?
Let's get down to the nitty-gritty: The downsides? Are there any?
Okay, I'm intrigued. But what's the *best* thing about Los Alcazares?
Any insider tips for first-timers?
Would you recommend ApartaHotel Los Alcazares? And why?

