
Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Nascimento Suites in Buzios, Brazil!
Escape to Paradise: Nascimento Suites - Buzios: My Brain Dump (and a Few Sunburns)
Okay, so picture this: you're craving an escape. Not just any escape, but the kind where you can actually, truly breathe. Where the only appointments you have are with the waves and the caipirinhas. That’s what I was hoping for with Nascimento Suites in Buzios, Brazil. And… well, let's just say the experience was a mixed bag, a delicious cocktail of sun, sand, and a few (hilarious, now) moments of sheer, blissful chaos. Buckle up, buttercups, because this review is gonna be raw, unfiltered, and probably a little bit messy.
Accessibility: A Rollercoaster (Metaphorically, Thank Goodness)
Okay, starting with the tough stuff. Accessibility. This is where things get a little… complicated. The website says "Facilities for disabled guests," which sounds promising, right? But in reality? It felt a bit like a half-finished promise. Elevators? Yes, thankfully. Smooth pathways? Mostly. But some areas, especially around the pool (more on that later!) and in some of the more secluded suites, felt a little… tricky. Wheelchair access? It's listed, but I'd recommend REALLY checking the specific suite's layout and calling ahead to confirm it’s truly suitable for your needs. This definitely needs some work, and I hope they're actively improving it.
The Digital Connection: Wi-Fi, WI-Fi Everywhere! (Thank the Internet Gods)
Thank. The. Internet. Gods. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! And it actually works! Consistent, strong signal. I could stream, video call, and generally avoid total disconnection from reality (which, let's be honest, is a blessing and a curse). Access to Internet [LAN] in the rooms? Technically, but who needs a LAN when you have glorious Wi-Fi? Wi-Fi in public areas? Also reliable. Seriously, in a place as gorgeous as Buzios, the ability to instantly upload a picture and make everyone back home jealous is essential.
Things to Do: Relaxation Olympics!
Okay, here's the good stuff. This is where Nascimento Suites really, really shines. They know how to chill.
Swimming pool? Oh, honey, the Swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous. Pool with view? Yes, indeed. You can spend hours just gazing at the turquoise water, sipping something fruity. Seriously, I spent a whole afternoon just floating, staring at the sky, and muttering, "This is the life."
Spa/sauna? The Spa, Sauna, and Steamroom are all top-notch. Massages? Absolutely. Body scrub, Body wrap? The works. I treated myself to a deep tissue massage and almost fell asleep right there on the table. Pure bliss. (Okay, I might have snored a little…)
Gym/fitness? They have a Fitness center, small but perfectly formed. I’m not a gym bunny, but it was good to have the option to work off all the caipirinhas.
Food, Glorious Food! (And My Stomach's Adventures)
Alright, let’s talk grub. Breakfast [buffet]? Yes, and worth getting out of bed for. Asian breakfast? Not sure they had that, but the Western breakfast options were fantastic. Fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, and… bacon! The bacon was crispy and delicious. I’m not going to lie, I might have piled my plate a little high. Breakfast in room? Yes, available, perfect for those mornings when you just wanna stay in your robe. Breakfast takeaway service? A nice touch if you want to grab something on the go.
Restaurants? Several, including the main restaurant offering International and Western cuisine in restaurant. And yes, there's Coffee/tea in restaurant and a Coffee shop. But, ahem, I did encounter a minor hiccup. One evening, I ordered a dish described as "chef's special." What arrived… well, let’s just say it wasn't exactly what I expected. It involved some rather unusual ingredients. I'm all for culinary adventure, but this was a journey I wasn't quite ready for. Lesson learned: stick to something familiar, especially if you've already had a few caipirinhas at the Poolside bar. Speaking of drinks… Happy hour? YES! Essential. Try the passionfruit caipirinha – it's divine.
Room service [24-hour]? Also a lifesaver at 3 AM when I needed a snack (blame the jet lag).
Cleanliness and Safety: The COVID-19 Dance
In these crazy times, you wanna be safe. Nascimento Suites seemed to try its best. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Hand sanitizer? Everywhere. Rooms sanitized between stays? Hopefully. The staff seemed trained, and I saw them diligently cleaning. Anti-viral cleaning products? (Probably). Cashless payment service? Yes. Safe dining setup? Mostly. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Difficult, at times, but they tried. So, overall, it was reassuring to know that they had these things in place.
My Big, Fat, Fluffy Bed (and Other Roomy Delights)
The rooms! Ah, the rooms! Air conditioning? Thank god, because Buzios gets HOT. Additional toilet? Nope. Air conditioning? Yes, and it worked! Alarm clock? Yep. Bathrobes, Slippers? Luxurious. Coffee/tea maker? Essential. Refrigerator? Stocked with water (and maybe a few other tempting items… wink, wink). Free bottled water? A life-saver in the heat. In-room safe box? Always a good idea. Wi-Fi [free]? You betcha. Window that opens? Yes, and I spent hours staring at the ocean. I felt like a queen in my extra long bed, falling asleep watching on-demand movies on the big screen and the blackout curtains were a lifesaver.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
They thought of almost everything: Daily housekeeping? Flawless. Concierge? Super helpful. Laundry service? Saved my life (and my suitcase). Luggage storage? Convenient. Car park [free of charge]? Yes! Air conditioning in public area? Needed, and available. 24-hour Front desk? Always a comfort. Doctor/nurse on call? Thankfully didn’t need that service.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun!
They have Babysitting service, though I didn’t need it. Family/child friendly? Yes! There's a definite family vibe, and the kids seemed to be having a blast.
Getting Around: Smooth Sailing (Mostly)
Airport transfer? Available, which is a godsend. Taxi service? Easy to hail. Car park [on-site]? Convenient and free. (See above: Car park [free of charge])
The Little Quirks and Imperfections (Because Let's Be Honest, Nothing is Perfect)
Okay, so here's where the messy, imperfect beauty of the experience comes in.
- The Language Barrier: My Portuguese is… well, let’s just say it’s not exactly fluent. Sometimes, communicating with the staff was a bit of a comedy show, involving a lot of hand gestures and awkward smiles. But they were patient and always tried.
- The Noise: Some of the rooms, especially those near the pool, can be a little… lively. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.
- The Sunburn: Okay, this wasn't the hotel's fault, but I have to include it. Buzios sun is fierce. Slather on the sunscreen, people! Learn from my mistakes!
- The Proposal Spot (A Romantic's Dream): They also had a perfect spot for proposal.
Overall: The Verdict
Nascimento Suites isn't perfect. It has some accessibility issues to address, and it's not always a smooth, seamless experience. But the location? Divine. The staff? Charming. The spa? Heaven. The sun? Life-affirming. And the chance to completely unplug and forget about the world? Priceless.
My (Unsolicited) Advice: Go. But go prepared. Do your research about the accessibility of your chosen suite. Pack plenty of sunscreen. Learn a few basic Portuguese phrases. And most importantly: be ready for the adventure and embrace the imperfections.
Now for the Sales Pitch (Because, Hey, I gotta try!)
Looking to escape the everyday grind and find some pure, unadulterated bliss? Craving sun-drenched days, lazy afternoons by the ocean, and evenings filled with delicious food and even more delicious cocktails?
Book your escape to Paradise: Nascimento Suites in Buzios, Brazil!
Here's Why You NEED to Book Now:
- **Unbelievable

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get real with my Nascimento Suites Buzios, Brazil itinerary. Forget those airbrushed travel blogs, you're getting the raw, the unfiltered, the slightly hungover truth. Prepare for… well, prepare for chaos, mostly.
Nascimento Suites: Buzios Bliss (and Maybe Blissful Boredom)
Day 1: Arrival – Hello, Brazil! (And My Luggage… Where IS My Luggage?!)
- Morning (or, More Accurately, Mid-Morning): Landed in Rio. Sun blasting, the humidity hitting me like a wet, warm hug. Already regretting packing that ridiculously thick wool sweater. Took the transfer to Buzios. "Smooth," they said. "Scenic," they whispered. More like "Traffic, Traffic, and Did I Mention Traffic?" But hey, the ocean glimpses were a promising start.
- Afternoon: Arrived at Nascimento Suites. It's… beautiful. The pictures online didn't lie (for once!). Lush gardens, that infinity pool is calling my name, and my room has a balcony practically begging me to pour my heart out to it. Except… where is my suitcase?! Jet lag-induced panic sets in. Turns out, it's still somewhere between JFK and Rio, enjoying a tropical vacation of its own. Fantastic.
- Evening: Dinner at a little "beach shack" restaurant I stumbled upon. Ordered the moqueca (seafood stew) – smelled divine. It burned my mouth something fierce, and a rogue crab almost leapt into my lap. I swear, that crab looked at me with pure disdain. Hilarious in retrospect, less so when my mouth was on fire and I was trying not to scream in front of everyone. Ended up buying a pair of flip-flops from a street vendor because my heels were killing me. Embraced the tourist aesthetic. Went to bed early, and was in a daze.
Day 2: Beach Bums & Broken Brazilian (And Did I Mention My Luggage?! Still Missing!)
- Morning: Woke up in a slight state of delirium. Still missing my luggage. Seriously, the airline better have a damn good explanation for this. But, the views… okay, I'm starting to feel better.
- Late Morning: Ferradura Beach. Turquoise water, white sand, and a sea of sunbathers. Found a spot, slathered on sunscreen (learned my lesson yesterday), and tried to relax. The waves are gentle, perfect for a clumsy swimmer like me. Spent a blissful hour fighting naptime.
- Afternoon: Attempted to use my terrible Portuguese at a local cafe. Ordered a coffee, or at least tried to. Ended up with some weird concoction that tasted like motor oil mixed with sugar. The woman behind the counter, bless her heart, just smiled and handed me a plate of pão de queijo (cheese bread). They were perfection. My Portuguese skills, not so much.
- Evening: Dinner at a restaurant on Rua das Pedras, the main drag. Overpriced seafood, a ridiculously loud cover band, and a general feeling of “tourist trap.” Still, the people watching was top-notch. Saw a couple fighting over a spilled caipirinha (classic). Ended the night with a gelato on the beach. Okay, maybe not a complete disaster.
Day 3: Boat Trip! (And Sunburns and Seasickness, Oh My!)
- Morning: Finally got my luggage (thank the gods! – now complete with a luggage tag that says “DELAYED”).
- Late Morning: Booked a boat trip to explore the various beaches and islands around Buzios. The guy selling tickets promised paradise. I'm a sucker for a good sales pitch.
- Afternoon: The boat trip. Beautiful, yes. So many amazing beaches. Sunburn? Oh, yes. Seasickness? Double yes! Spent most of the time hugging the railing, questioning all my life choices. Still, the water was stunning, and the views… mind-blowing. Snorkeled in a cove filled with colorful fish. It was worth it. In. Spite. Of. Everything.
- Evening: Went for a massage to soothe my aching muscles. I’m not sure if it helped or the professional massager was just a bit over, but I will say it’s the best therapy I've ever had.
Day 4: A Day of Do-Overs (And Finding My Happy Place)
- Morning: I’m trying to be better about my Portuguese. Bought a simple Portuguese-English dictionary.
- Late Afternoon: Went to the most beautiful beach, the Praia do Forno. This beach is a hidden gem. It's quiet, protected, and a complete paradise.
- Evening: Found a little beach bar. Sipped a beer while the sun went down. Nothing fancy, nothing complicated. Just perfect. Felt a moment of genuine peace. Like, maybe I could live here. Maybe.
Day 5: Departure – Adios, Buzios (Until Next Time, Hopefully!)
- Morning: Last breakfast at Nascimento Suites. Actually, the food here is amazing. So sad to leave. Sat on that balcony one last time, breathing in the salty air and soaking up the sunshine.
- Afternoon: Transfer back to Rio. Saying goodbye to Buzios felt bittersweet. I can say goodbye to my old baggage.
- Evening: Final dinner in Rio before the flight. Reflection thoughts like the good memories of Buzios.
Quirky Observations, Emotional Reactions, and Utterly Unnecessary Rambles:
- The Heat: Seriously, it's intense. Pack light, people. And bring copious amounts of sunscreen. I mean, it would seem like I'd learn my lesson after all this time.
- The Food: Brazilian food is awesome. Moqueca, pão de queijo, grilled fish… Just be prepared for some spice (or, in my case, volcanic eruption).
- The People: Brazilians are generally warm, welcoming, and incredibly patient, especially with my attempts at their language. I feel like I'm still just scratching the surface of Brazilian culture, which is what I enjoy the most.
- My Luggage: (Yes, I'm still talking about the suitcase!) It’s a metaphor for life, right? Sometimes you lose things, sometimes it's late, and sometimes it takes a while to find things you miss. But it eventually arrived. It was the universe’s way of telling me to slow down, smell the roses (or, in this case, the salt air), and enjoy the ride. I am very appreciative of my experience.
Okay, so maybe this isn't your perfectly polished travel guide. But it's real. It's me. And if you're planning a trip to Buzios, hopefully, it gives you a taste of the chaotic, wonderful, and utterly unforgettable experience that awaits. Now, go get yourself a caipirinha and enjoy it. You deserve it.
Eastwind Windham: Your Dream New York Getaway Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Nascimento Suites – Buzios, Brazil: The Real Deal (and a Few Quirks)
Okay, spill it. Is Buzios REALLY as gorgeous as all the pictures?
Alright, alright, here's the truth bomb: Buzios? Yeah, it’s stunning. Truly. I mean, pictures don’t *really* do it justice. The water? Crystal clear, turquoise, inviting you to just chuck your stress in and float away. The beaches? Each one is different, from the surfer-vibey ones to the sheltered coves. It’s postcard perfect… most of the time. There WAS this ONE day, though, a rogue wave nearly took my flip-flops. Lesson learned: don't trust the ocean *completely*. But overall? Yes, Buzios is a visual feast. Seriously, I spent a good portion of my trip just staring at the horizon, feeling utterly, unapologetically grateful. Then someone bumped into me and spilled *caipirinha* all over my new (and expensive!) linen shirt. Ah, the messy reality of paradise.
What's the deal with the Nascimento Suites? Are they as luxurious as they sound?
Luxurious? Yeah, they lean that way. Think crisp white linens, seriously plush pillows (omg, the pillows!), and a view that probably costs a small fortune. I stayed in the 'Deluxe Ocean View' suite (because, YOLO!). My first thought? "Wow, this is where I'm supposed to be... and I probably don't belong here." The bathroom was bigger than my actual apartment. But let’s be real: luxury is subjective. And sometimes, it comes with its own set of quirks.
For example, the air conditioning was a *bit* temperamental. One minute you're shivering, the next you're spontaneously combusting. And the Wi-Fi? Let's just say it was "as available as my Portuguese skills." (Which is to say, virtually nonexistent). But, honestly, who needs Wi-Fi when you've got that view? And the staff... they were super lovely. One of the cleaning ladies, bless her heart, found my lost earring *under the bed*! (Yes, I lost an earring, and yes, I was mortified.) So, yeah, luxurious… with a dash of 'life happens'.
Can you talk about the food? Because, let's face it, good food is crucial.
Oh. My. Goodness. The food. Okay, let's break this down because the food situation in Buzios/at Nascimento Suites… it’s a journey. Breakfast at the hotel was a solid win. Fresh fruit, pastries that were dangerously delicious, and the most amazing coffee. Seriously, I'm still dreaming about the coffee. Lunches, I tended to wander. There’s this little shack *right on the beach* called "The Fisherman's Delight" (or something similar – memory is hazy, after all that caipirinha). Best grilled fish tacos of my life. Hands down. The staff at the restaurant were also some of the friendliest people I’ve ever met, always smiling and laughing. And the sunsets! I could write an entire novel about the sunsets. Okay, maybe not a *novel*, but definitely a very verbose haiku.
Dinner options near the suites were plentiful. I ate at this one place with live music... and, well, let's just say my singing voice is better suited for the shower. (My friends are still mocking me.) But the food was great! Fresh seafood, Brazilian specialties... you really can't go wrong. The key is to *explore*. Don't just stick to the hotel restaurant, even though it’s tempting. Go wander. Get lost. Discover your *own* hidden gem. That’s where the real magic lies.
What’s the vibe like at Nascimento Suites? Are you going to be surrounded by pretentious people?
Okay, here’s the thing. There are *always* people who fit the "pretentious" bill. It's a fact of life. But, overall, the vibe at Nascimento Suites was pretty chill. It’s not *stuffy*. It’s more… relaxed luxury. Think "fancy people on holiday" rather than "yacht club snobs." There were couples, families, solo travelers like me (which was super fun... or, to be honest, sometimes lonely). And everyone seemed to be there to just… unwind. To soak up the sun, sip cocktails, and forget about their problems. (Which, believe me, is the *point*). The worst thing that happened? I tripped over a perfectly placed beach chair. (Humiliating. But also, hilarious in retrospect.) So, yeah, you might spot the occasional designer bag, but the overall atmosphere is far from intimidating. Just bring your sunglasses, a smile, and a healthy dose of self-deprecating humor. You'll fit right in. Sort of.
Buzios itself, outside the suites... is it safe? Nightlife? Give me the lowdown.
Buzios felt pretty safe to me, but common sense is always key, right? Don't walk around flashing your expensive jewelry at 3 am, you know? Keep your wits about you, especially at night. The main street, Rua das Pedras, comes alive at night. It’s a total party scene. Lots of bars, restaurants, music… it’s a blast! (And, yes, I may have overindulged in a few caipirinhas. Blame the ambiance!) Be prepared for some crowds. And maybe brush up on your Portuguese – even a little bit will go a long way. The locals are genuinely friendly. And, I'll be honest, the whole experience felt pretty magical! Now, getting from point A to point B can be a challenge. Taxis are easy but pricey. The buggies are fun but can be bumpy. (And the drivers? Let's just say, they're *enthusiastic*). I ended up walking a lot, which was a great way to explore. Just bring comfy shoes!
Any downsides? Because no place is *perfect*.
Okay, real talk time. There are *always* downsides. The biggest? It's expensive. Buzios isn't a budget destination. Be prepared to loosen your purse strings. The prices at Nascimento Suites were higher than I’m used to. Then there's the language barrier. While English is spoken at the hotel, venturing out requires a bit more effort. (My attempts at Portuguese were… entertaining. Mostly for the Brazilians, I suspect.) And, as I mentioned, the Wi-Fi situation. I swear, it went out more times than I could count.
The one *major* thing that bothered me... No, scratch that... *pissed me off*? The mosquitos! They were *relentless*. I'm normally a mosquito magnet, but Buzios was on another level. Seriously, pack the bug spray. The good stuff. The stuff that smells like it might kill everything around you. Because the mosquitos there? They mean business. I spent a good part of the trip itching and swatting. SoChicstayst

