
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Lake View Hotel in Nainital Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, because we're about to dive headfirst into "Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Lake View Hotel in Nainital Awaits!" and trust me, it's going to be a wild, gloriously messy ride. Forget perfectly polished reviews; this is the real deal, warts and all, because who needs perfect when you can have authenticity?
First, the name. "Escape to Paradise"… okay, a little ambitious, right? I mean, Nainital is lovely, but paradise? Let's see if it lives up to the hype, shall we? I'm packing my bags, and my brutally honest, highly caffeinated self.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (Like My Travel Planning Skills)
Okay, so let's get down to brass tacks. Accessibility is crucial, especially if you’ve got any mobility issues. The listing mentions facilities for disabled guests, which is a good start, but… details are key. Is there elevator access to all floors? Wide doorways? Grab bars? We NEED to know. I'm going to tentatively assume they mean it, but I'll be grilling the staff on this, trust me. (Action Item: Check exact accessibility details before booking - don't rely on vague promises! Especially with a place that should be striving for paradise.)
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: Big question mark here. If you can’t get to the food, what's the point?
(Initial Impression: Needs more details. Seriously, guys.)
Wheelchair Accessible: See above. Crucial, and needs clarification.
Internet (Oh, the Internet!)
Thank heavens for internet in the modern age! I'm a travel blogger and a social media addict. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be the gods! And thank the hotel for the offering of Internet – LAN. (Minor complaint- needs to specify speeds)
Internet Services & Wi-Fi in Public Areas: The hotel would be doing better if it didn't have this as multiple listings. I'll update once there!
(Initial Impression: Promising. Fingers crossed the Wi-Fi actually works in the room and doesn't require a PhD in astrophysics to connect.)
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day… or Bust!
Okay, this is where things start to get interesting. Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Pool with view… my stress levels are already plummeting. Body scrub, Body wrap… I'm practically melting at the thought. Fitness center? Okay, I'll pretend to use that after a day of eating and relaxing. The swimming pool [outdoor] sounds glorious, especially set against a Nainital backdrop.
(Anecdote: Picture this, ME in a fluffy robe, sipping something fruity, watching the mist roll over the lake. Ahhhh… the dream.)
(Opinion: This is a HUGE selling point. If the spa is good (and I have high standards), this place is already halfway to paradise.)
Cleanliness and Safety: Covid-Era Considerations
Ah, the post-pandemic reality. This hotel seems to be taking things SERIOUSLY, which I love to see. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Room sanitization between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol… all the right buzzwords. Hand sanitizer readily available? Check. Cashless payment service? Double check. Individually-wrapped food options? Excellent. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Okay, that's a reasonable request. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items- important.
(Quirky Observation: The "professionally-grade sanitizing services" better be legit. I don't mess around when it comes to cleanliness. I might bring my own disinfecting wipes… you never can be too careful, right?)
(Emotional Reaction: Relieved. If they're taking safety seriously, I can actually relax and… well, escape.)
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Paradise Experience
Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee shop… This is where my inner foodie gets excited. Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant… this opens up for many cuisines. Bar, Poolside bar, Snack bar…. The listing goes on. Room service [24-hour]. YES. Coffee/tea in restaurant, Happy hour, Bottle of water are all the standards of a good experience.
(Anecdote: I'm dreaming of a post-massage feast. Maybe some paneer tikka from the Asian restaurant, followed by a decadent dessert, all washed down with a cocktail from the poolside bar.)
(Opinion: So far, so good on the food front. Variety is the spice of life, and this place seems to get that.)
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras That Matter
Okay, here's the nitty-gritty. Concierge, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests (again, we need details!), Laundry service, Luggage storage, Daily housekeeping, Room service, Ironing service… these are the things that make a stay effortless. Baby sitting service, Kids facilities are a must. Car park [free of charge]? HUGE win. Wi-Fi for special events, Business facilities and all the event amenities.
(Quirk: I'm a sucker for a good concierge. They make everything easier, and that's what I need on this escape! Also: Free parking? Saving me money instantly!)
(Emotional Reaction: Impressed. They're trying hard to think of everything.)
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun?
Family/child friendly, Babysitting service, Kids meal. If you're traveling with the little darlings, this is essential.
(Opinion: Good to see them catering to families. This adds to the 'escape' promise.)
Access: The Doors Are Open!
Details, details, details. Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Express check-in/out, Front desk [24-hour], Door man, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Hotel chain… it needs more details.
(Emotional Reaction: Important for access and ease of checking in and out.)
Getting Around: Transportation Considerations
Airport transfer, Taxi service, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Valet parking – these are all good signs. Anything to make getting there and getting around easier.
(Quirky Observation: I'm picturing myself being whisked away from the airport in a private car, and straight to a nice place. (Yes, you can see my inner child is still active)
(Emotional Reaction: A big relief. Transportation can be a nightmare, so this is a major plus.)
Available in All Rooms: The Comfort Factor
Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning, Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathrooms phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. All the standard bells and whistles, plus a few extras. Bathtub? Yes, please. Blackout curtains? Essential for a good nap. Free Wi-Fi? Hallelujah!
(Anecdote: I'm a sucker for a good bathtub. After a long day of travel, there's nothing better than a relaxing soak, and a glass of wine, I intend on indulging.)
(Opinion: This is a solid list. They seem to have thought of everything. The devil is in the details, though.)
Room for Decor and Location
Non-smoking rooms? Great. Pets allowed, Couple's room? Proposal spot? Room decorations? Soundproof rooms? All good.
(Quirky Observation: A "proposal spot"? Oh, the romantic in me is swooning. And soundproof rooms? Yes, please to a bit of peace from the world.)
**(Emotional Reaction: I'm excited to be there and get to
Escape to Paradise: LaRoy Smart Room's Mirissa Magic
Okay, buckle up, Buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to Nainital, to the Hotel Lake In Tree, and it's going to be… well, let's see. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and the distinct possibility of me losing my sunglasses (again).
Nainital, India: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Tourist Traps (Maybe)
Day 1: Arrival and Altitude Anxiety
- 8:00 AM (Ish) New Delhi Airport: The Great Pre-Adventure Panic! Okay, so I'm supposed to be on a flight to Pantnagar, which is the jumping-off point for Nainital. But first, the airport. And airports, as we all know, are soul-crushing purgatories. I'm already sweating. Did I pack enough socks? Did I remember toothpaste? Did I accidentally leave my passport at home? (Checks frantically. Nope. Phew.) I grab a watery coffee that tastes faintly of sadness, and immediately spill half of it down my front. Fantastic start.
- 11:00 AM Pantnagar Airport: The Himalayan Hello (Maybe Not) The flight was bumpy. I'm pretty sure the woman next to me was praying the entire time. Landed in Pantnagar, which looks like a glorified airstrip in a field. The air is… thinnish? Already feeling a little breathless, which is probably just the altitude, or maybe the sheer panic of being in a country I've only read about in travel blogs.
- 12:00 PM (ish): Taxi to Nainital: White Knuckling It The pre-arranged taxi (another source of slight anxiety. Will the driver be trustworthy? Will he know where the Hotel Lake In Tree is? Will he understand my terrible Hindi?) is a beat-up little Maruti. The drive begins. The roads are windy, the scenery is breathtaking (literally, after the flight and altitude!), and I'm convinced the driver is auditioning for a Fast and Furious movie. I clutch the seat, praying mostly.
- 2:00 PM Hotel Lake In Tree: Checking In and… A Room with a View! (Maybe?) Finally, we arrive. The Hotel Lake In Tree looks charming from the outside, all exposed wood and that "rustic-chic" vibe they're aiming for. The lobby is all swirling carpets and slightly musty air. Check-in is, well, Indian check-in. A lot of paperwork, some polite smiles, and a general feeling that things are happening… slowly. My room… Okay, it does have a view of Naini Lake, which is stunning. I could get used to this. But the bathroom? Let's just say it's… compact. And the water pressure? We'll see.
- 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Lake Exploration and a Questionable Snack Okay, time to brave the outside world and explore! I walk down to the lake, which is postcard-perfect. The boat rides are a bit… kitsch, to be honest. Think brightly coloured rowboats, and couples clutching each other. I hire a rowboat for myself with the expectation of a peaceful trip but end up rowing like a maniac. And then, a local shopkeeper convinces me to try a “special” samosa. It looks delicious. It tastes delicious… for about two seconds. Then the spice hits. Oh. My. God. My mouth is on fire. I end up drinking a gallon of water. My first taste of the real India.
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Dinner at the Hotel. The Verdict? Dinner at the hotel restaurant. The ambiance is… well, depends on your perspective. It’s dark. They have candle lights. The view is nice. But the food… Honestly, it's fine? Nothing to write home about. But maybe I'm just overwhelmed. And the spice from the samosa is still lingering.
- 8:00 PM: Sunset and Contemplation (Mostly about the Bathroom) The sunset over Naini Lake is legitimately beautiful. I feel a weird mix of elation and exhaustion. I swear, the bathroom in the room is getting smaller. Either that, or the altitude is playing tricks on my mind. I think… I need a very long shower.
Day 2: The Mall Road Mayhem and a Mountain Mishap
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the Hotel: The Eggs Benedict Debacle. Breakfast is included. I'm optimistic! They offer eggs benedict. How bad could it be? Turns out… pretty bad. The hollandaise sauce is… questionable. I eat some toast and force down some lukewarm tea. Fuel for the day!
- 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM Mall Road Madness: Bargain Hunting and Tourist Traps The Mall Road. Oh, the Mall Road. It's bustling. It's crowded. It's filled with shops selling "authentic" souvenirs, cashmere shawls, and yak wool hats (which, I later learn, are probably made up of something else). I get shoved around a bit, buy a scarf I didn't need, and haggle over the price of a postcard. It's sensory overload, but also… kind of fun? I end up buying a cute little wooden elephant, just because.
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: The Ropeway to the Peaks: High Hopes, Low Visibility. The ropeway up to Snow View Point and Tiffin Top is a must-do, everyone says. The queue is long, the gondola is rickety, and the views… are non-existent. The mountains are shrouded in mist. All I see is grey. I'm slightly disappointed, but hey, at least I was up in the sky!
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: The Nainital Zoo and a Questionable Goat Experience The zoo is small and… let's say charmingly dated. The highlight? Possibly the goat. I saw a big, hairy goat. It looked at me. I looked at it. I think it judged me. I'm pretty sure I saw it blink.
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Dinner and a Rambling Reflection: I’ve had it. So that’s it. I head back to the hotel, take a shower (still struggling with the water pressure), and order room service. I realize that I’m experiencing culture shock. I want to talk to my family. I don't know if it’s the altitude. I am suddenly homesick.
- 8:00 PM: The Great Bathroom Situation: I'm not saying the bathroom is haunted, but… the lights flicker. Constantly. And the water situation does not seem to be fixed.
- 9.00 PM: Falling asleep, regretting those samosas.
Day 3: Spiritual Awakening (Maybe) and Departure
- 9:00 AM: Wake up and a new beginning: I woke up. Despite everything, I'm still alive. I have to get up.
- 10:00 AM: Exploring the Gurney House: The place is gorgeous and beautiful. This place has history.
- 12:00 PM: Boat ride at Naini Lake: Despite the kitsch of the rowboats, it's still a peaceful experience.
- 2:00 PM: It's time to leave:
- 3.00 PM: Check out of the hotel:
Final Thoughts:
Nainital is… a place. It's beautiful and chaotic. It's frustrating and fascinating. It's definitely a place that will stay in my memories forever! I’ll go back. (Maybe.) And I’ll definitely remember the samosas. And the bathroom. Oh, and the goat. The goat probably hated me.
Unlock FREE HBO GO: Dorsett Sri Hartamas' Secret Hideaway (KL)
Escape to Paradise: You've Got Questions, I've (Maybe) Got Answers! (About That Nainital Hotel...)
Okay, so, "Lake View Hotel"? Is that, like, *actually* what I'm getting? Or is it some sad little glimpse of water between two buildings?
Okay, real talk. THE VIEW. It's... mostly there, folks. Look, I’ve stayed at a lot of places, and the marketing always lies a little, right? "Lake View" sometimes means you can *technically* see water if you stand on your tiptoes and squint. Here? It's... pretty good. When I was there, I remember waking up -- which, let's be honest, is a feat in itself on vacation – and instantly seeing the lake. Not like a postcard perfect, airbrushed kind of thing, but real enough. It's right there, glistening. Sometimes a little foggy in the mornings, which honestly, is kinda magical in its own right. So yes, technically "Lake View" is accurate. It's not *perfect* – I think the hotel could trim a few trees, but that's just me being nit-picky.
The reviews say the food is "basic." Is that code for "inedible"? Because I'm a foodie, and I don’t do beige.
Alright, the food situation... It's a mixed bag. "Basic" is probably a fair assessment. I wouldn’t call it inedible, but you're not going to be writing home about their Michelin star chef. I remember ordering the chicken tikka masala one night... and it was *okay*. Perfectly serviceable for filling my hungry belly after a day of hiking. The breakfast buffet, however? *That* was the real adventure. They have a dosa station that is a gamble, sometimes it's crispy perfection, other times it's, well, let's just say it’s experienced some things. Honestly, pack some snacks. And maybe scout out some good restaurants in Nainital town. There's a great place near the mall road, I can't remember the name but the thalis are divine. Forget the names, remember the food. Trust me.
What about the rooms? Are they clean? Do they have, you know... hot water? I've had some *experiences* with Indian hotels...
Okay, deep breaths. The rooms are… generally clean. I'm a pretty low-maintenance traveler, I'm not expecting a pristine sterile environment, I'm looking for a clean bed and a working toilet. And the Escape to Paradise kind of delivers. They're not *luxury* level, but they're comfortable enough. And yes, mostly they have hot water. Sometimes it takes a while for it to heat up, I remember standing for at like 10 minutes waiting for the water to heat. But when it’s working, it's glorious, especially after trekking around the lake all day. You might find a stray ant or two... but hey, you're in nature! Embrace the jungle. And, if you're really worried, bring a small bottle of disinfectant wipes just in case. Better safe than sorry, right?
Is there Wi-Fi? Because I need to post those stunning lake pics on Insta. Priorities.
Wi-Fi... Hmm. Ah, the modern traveler's dilemma! Yes, there *is* Wi-Fi, or at least, there *was* when I was there. BUT... it's not the *best*. It's patchy. Sometimes it works beautifully, letting me rapidly upload those stunning lake pics, other times... it's slower than a snail wearing cement shoes. Embrace the disconnect! Really, it might actually be good for you. Put down the phone, look at the lake, breathe the fresh air, talk to people without a screen between you. I did find that it works best in the lobby. Which, let’s be real, is where all the gossip and people-watching go on anyway.
How far is it from the main part of Nainital? Because walking uphill is not my idea of a good time...
Good question! It's... a bit out of the main hustle and bustle. You can walk to the town, but it's an uphill trek. A *significant* uphill trek. I walked it once. I felt like I'd run a marathon. Thankfully, the hotel offers a taxi service – which is worth every penny. The hike is stunning at first though, the trees a bit dense and shady, the weather is pleasant. The path is narrow, and after a while the legs start to give. The taxis are a lot faster. And you won't be panting like a dog when you arrive at the mall road.
What's the best thing about the hotel? Give me a reason to book!
Okay, the *best* thing? The view, truly. But not just the view. The feeling. I remember sitting on the balcony one evening, after a long day. The sun was setting, painting the lake in all sorts of colors. There was a gentle breeze, the scent of pine needles. The sounds of the town fading away, and you're just... *there*. It isn't perfect, and no place ever is. But in that moment, with a cup of tea and the world’s problems a million miles away? Pure. Bliss. That feeling… that’s why you book it.
Is it a good place for families with kids?
Hmmm… families with kids. It depends. There's no specific kids' club or playground, and you're not smack dab in the middle of town. This could be good, or this could be bad, depending on your kids. If your children are the high-energy, always-need-something-to-do type, they might get a little restless. If they can appreciate nature, stunning views, and a slower pace, it could be perfect. Maybe bring some books, board games, and plan activities outside of the hotel.
Is it a romantic getaway kind of place?
Oh, absolutely. The view, the quiet… the sunsets... all the ingredients are there for romance. Just imagine: sitting on the balcony with your loved one, sipping wine, watching the stars appear over the lake. The only downside, is those pesky mosquitoes. Pro Tip: Invest in some good bug spray. You'll thank me later.
What was the *worst* thing about your stay? Be honest!
Okay, real honesty time? I’m going to double down on this one. One night, I was woken up by a *massive* thunderstorm.Rest Nest Hotels

