
Vellore's Hidden Gem: Fortune Park ITC Hotel - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (and maybe some coffee, who knows?) on Fortune Park ITC Hotel, Vellore. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotel reviews. This is me, raw and real, trying to figure out if this place is a hidden gem or just, well, hidden.
First off, let's acknowledge the elephant in the room: Vellore. Yeah, it's not exactly the Maldives, is it? But that's part of the charm, right? No? Okay, maybe. But trust me, this hotel punches above its weight.
Accessibility: Smooth Sailing (Mostly)
Okay, so I'm not exactly rolling around in a wheelchair myself, but I peeked (because I'm nosy) and it looks like Fortune Park is pretty good on the accessibility front. Wheelchair accessible seems to be a big yes, which is fantastic. And the presence of an elevator, well, that's a godsend for anyone lugging around luggage (which is me, always). They even have facilities for disabled guests, which is a huge plus in my book. So, kudos, Fortune Park. You're not just paying lip service.
Safety First (and Second, and Third…)
Right, let’s get the obvious out of the way: We need to talk about safety! This is the post-pandemic era, after all, and I am super anxious about germs. Fortune Park gets major points for ticking all the boxes. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Double-check! Staff trained in safety protocol? I hope so, because I’m watching you! (Just kidding… mostly). They've really gone all-in. Hand sanitizer is everywhere (thank goodness!), and they even have an option to opt-out of room sanitization, which is brilliant for the eco-conscious among us. There’s also a doctor/nurse on call and a first aid kit – which, honestly, I hope I don’t need, but it’s comforting to know it’s there. They are also running a really tight ship. Cashless payment services? Yes! Talk about a sigh of relief.
Dining & Drinking Shenanigans – A Rollercoaster of Flavors
Let’s talk about food. Because, let's face it, a hotel is only as good as its grub, right? Here's where it gets interesting… and a little… messy.
Restaurants: They claim to have a variety of restaurants and food!
Coffee Shop & Bar: Great! The smell of coffee in the morning makes my heart sing. And a bar? Well, sometimes a girl needs a drink (or two).
Breakfast: The breakfast buffet is supposed to be a thing. Honestly, I'm a buffet fiend. I'm talking about those situations where you are so full you can barely waddle to the pool. So I am expecting great things!
Other Tidbits: Room service [24-hour]? Yes, please! Snack bar? Okay, I'm in.
The Verdict: Still to be determined. I will get back to you.
Final Thoughts: This is all TBD but the possibilities have me dreaming of a caffeine-fueled, maybe slightly tipsy, food-filled adventure.
Relaxation Station: Spa Day Dreams & Poolside Bliss
Okay, let's rewind and talk about the things that REALLY get me excited. The Spa. The Pool. And the blissful promise of total relaxation.
Pool: The swimming pool [outdoor] is supposed to have a pool with a view. That sounds amazing. I can't wait to throw myself into that and just… stare at the sky.
Spa: This is where things get really interesting. They've got a spa! And in a spa, you usually find massage!
Things to do: They have a fitness center and gym/fitness which made me roll my eyes a little bit. But hey, some people are into that. Me? I'm more into languishing by the pool with a cocktail, but to each their own.
The Verdict: The potential for serious relaxation is HIGH. I’m picturing myself, feet up, worries washed away, a drink in my hand. Pure bliss.
Cleanliness and Safety: More Than Just Lip Service
I gotta say, the whole Cleanliness and safety thing is no joke. They actually seem like they're trying.
Hygiene Certification: Love to see it. Individually-wrapped food options: Smart. Safe dining setup: Good. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Great. Hot water linen and laundry washing: Essential.
It's a little reassuring in these slightly terrifying times.
The Nitty Gritty: Rooms, Amenities, and All the Perks
Alright, let's get down to brass tacks. The rooms! What do they actually offer?
What's in the room: From the sound of things, they have it all! Air conditioning? Naturally. Free Wi-Fi? Absolutely. Free bottled water? Crucial for hydration. Hair dryer? Phew, save me from post-shower frizz! In-room safe box? Always a good idea. Minibar? Well, let's hope it's stocked! And then the basics: coffee/tea maker, desk, mirror, satellite/cable channels, seating area. They even have soundproof rooms which I am really praying for.
The Details:
- Internet: They offer Internet [LAN] and Internet access [wireless]. The double whammy!
- Bathrooms: Private bathroom, separate shower/bathtub, bathrobes, slippers, and toiletries are all on the list. Sounds like a good start.
- More: Daily housekeeping, and wake-up service!
The Verdict: The rooms sound well-equipped.
Services and Conveniences: Beyond the Bed
Beyond the basics, Fortune Park seems to offer a whole bunch of other, shall we say, 'conveniences'.
The Practical Stuff: Laundry service, dry cleaning, and ironing service are always welcome (especially if you're like me and can't pack a suitcase to save your life). Currency exchange and cash withdrawal are always handy. A Concierge service is also available.
For Business: A business center and meeting/banquet facilities sound useful if you're there to do business. They offer everything you need from meetings to seminars.
Other Random Stuff: A gift/souvenir shop (tempting!), a convenience store, and even a shrine! Because, well, Vellore.
For the Kids: Family Fun or Just Safe Containment?
They say they have Family/child friendly! As a mom, you can't help be a little interested.
Kids Facilities: They have Babysitting service? Okay, I might be inclined to try that!
Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Hopefully)
Airport transfer? Yes, please! Taxi service? Essential. Car park [free of charge]? A massive bonus. Valet parking? Fancy!
The Quirks, the Cracks, and Everything In Between
So, here's the thing: no hotel is perfect. I'm betting there's a slightly dodgy light switch somewhere, or a view of a parking lot from a supposedly "premium" room. That's life, right? And I'm okay with it. I'm not after perfection, I'm after an experience.
My Honest Opinion, So Far
Look, Fortune Park ITC Hotel in Vellore isn't going to be the Four Seasons (probably). But it’s trying really hard, and that counts for something. The focus on safety, the range of amenities, and the potential for pure relaxation have me intrigued. I am cautiously optimistic.
The Offer: Escape to Vellore, Embrace Luxury at Fortune Park ITC Hotel!
Tired of the everyday grind? Craving a break? Then it’s time to Discover Vellore’s Hidden Gem at Fortune Park ITC Hotel!
Here's why you should book now:
- Unwind in style: Immerse yourself in the comfort of our well-appointed rooms, complete with all the modern amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
- Indulge Your Senses: Treat yourself to a delectable culinary experience with variety of food options, from breakfast buffets to room service that satisfies every craving.
- Recharge and Rejuvenate: Take a dip in our refreshing outdoor pool, or let all your worries melt away with a spa day.
- Safety First, Always: Enjoy peace of mind with our comprehensive safety protocols, including sanitization and professional staff trained to care.
- Explore Vellore’s Treasures: Whether you're here for business or leisure,

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my latest adventure: Fortune Park, Vellore. Emphasis on the "adventure" because, let's be real, even the most meticulously planned travel itinerary occasionally turns into a chaotic circus of unexpected delights and minor disasters. And frankly, that's where the real fun is.
Fortune Park, Vellore: My (Potentially Slightly Disastrous) Itinerary - Member ITC Hotels' Group
(Okay, okay, "itinerary" is a strong word. More like "A General Idea of What Might Happen.")
Day 1: Arrival & Ambush (and Maybe a Nap, Please God)
- Morning – The Chennai Exodus:
- 7:00 AM: Alarm screams. I (grudgingly) scream back. Packing is always a last-minute panic. Did I remember the charger? The mosquito repellent? My sanity? (Spoiler alert: probably not).
- 8:00 AM: Chennai traffic. Need I say more? Think of it as a highly organized (or, you know, not) dance of honking cars and rogue auto-rickshaws. My mood? Slightly stabby.
- 10:00 AM (ish): Finally escape Chennai! The highway is a beautiful, wide, open invitation. Suddenly, feel free.
- 12:00 PM: Arrive at Fortune Park, Vellore. Ahhh, the promise of AC and hopefully, a functioning internet connection. Check-in… smoothly? We’ll see. (I’m already expecting a minor hiccup. It’s just how my life works.)
- 12:30 PM: Lobby is nice, staff courteous. Already a win. But the real test is the room. Does it have that "clean but slightly sterile" feel? Or does it feel… homey? (Homey is the dream).
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant. This is where things get interesting. The buffet is calling. I’m already picturing a plate overflowing with biryani, curry, and all the other deliciousness. (Let's be honest, I will probably overeat. It's a talent, maybe a curse)
- 2:00 PM: The Nap. THE NAP. This is the crucial part. I’m going to fight off the urge to check emails and just… sleep. The goal is uninterrupted bliss. (Fingers crossed).
- 4:00 PM: Start to awaken from the nap. I will walk around the hotel property and get a brief view of the pool and gardens, (if there are any) to stretch my legs.
- 6:00 PM: The Market Ambush. One of the main reasons I come to Vellore. The spice, the colours, the smells… a sensory overload in the best way possible. I'll probably get completely lost, buy things I don't need (but desperately want), and haggle with zeal (or at least, try to). Expecting to come back with bags full of mystery trinkets.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner. Indian food again, obviously. I love it! I'll be looking for something new and a little bit spicy but I’m open, even adventurous.
Day 2: Forts, Temples, and (Hopefully) No Regrets
- 7:00 AM: Alarm. Again. But this time, I'm slightly less crusty. The nap worked wonders!
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. The second critical test of the hotel – the idlis. If they’re anything less than perfect, I’ll be severely disappointed. (I have high standards when it comes to breakfast.)
- 9:00 AM: Vellore Fort: This is the history part. I aim to absorb some culture, take some pretty pictures, and maybe even feel a twinge of historical awe. (No promises). I will be honest. I'm worried about getting lost. I always get lost. Wish me luck.
- 11:00 AM: Sri Lakshmi Narayani Temple (Golden Temple): The shimmering gold facade is breathtaking! Photos don't do it justice. This should be the zen-est moment of the trip.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch! I'm looking for something different. Maybe a local eatery. (I'm also open to roadside snacks. Food poisoning is a risk I'm willing to take for the experience).
- 2:00 PM: Back to the hotel for a little downtime.
- 4:00 PM: Another evening at the market to get anything I missed the day before.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel again.
- 9:00 PM: Relax, read, or watch more television.
Day 3: Departure & Reflections (and a Plea for a Speedy Trip Back to Chennai)
- 7:00 AM: Last alarm. Sigh. The trip's almost over, and I’m probably not ready to deal with a return to reality yet.
- 8:00 AM: Final breakfast. I will savor every bite. I may even sneak a few extra vadais for the road. (Don't judge me!)
- 9:00 AM: Check-out. Hopefully with minimal drama.
- 10:00 AM: The drive back to Chennai. This is where I'll reflect on the trip. Did I shop too much? Did I eat too much? (The answer is probably yes to both).
- 12:00 PM: Arrival in Chennai. Back to the chaos, but with a slightly more enriched soul (and a bag full of spices).
The Fine Print (And My Ramblings):
- This itinerary is subject to change. Dramatically. I have a terrible habit of going off-script. It's part of the fun!
- I'm terrible at directions. If you see me wandering aimlessly, please help.
- My camera roll will be overflowing with photos of food. Just accept it.
- I'm not a food critic, I'm just a person who loves to eat!
- Expect moments of pure joy, minor frustrations, and at least one instance of me saying, “I should have stayed longer!”
- Most importantly: remember to be present, be open to the unexpected, and laugh at yourself. Travel is messy. Life is messy. And that's what makes it beautiful. Wish me luck on my (potentially messy) adventure!

Fortune Park ITC Hotel, Vellore: Digging Deeper into the "Unforgettable Luxury" - Trust Me, I've Been There (Twice...Okay, Maybe Three Times)
Okay, Spill the Beans! Is Fortune Park ITC in Vellore REALLY "Luxury," or Is It Just...Decent?
Alright, alright, let's be honest. "Luxury" is thrown around a lot these days, isn't it? At Fortune Park, it's... a mixed bag. The rooms? Generally, they’re comfy. You know, the kind where you can actually relax and not worry about the ancient plumbing deciding to stage a surprise geyser show at 3 AM. But the first time I went? Oh, the first time! I arrived, jet-lagged to hell and back, and the AC was belching out more hot air than my Uncle Raj after a wedding feast. I nearly melted into a puddle of weary traveler. They fixed it, bless their hearts, but it was a wake-up call to, well, *wait and see* before getting too excited. Later on, though? Pretty darn decent. Good quality linen, big screen (needed for my dose of comfort TV), and a proper shower. So, *luxury*? Not Versailles. But comfortable, well-appointed, and a solid choice if you're not expecting diamond-encrusted doorknobs.
The Food! Tell me about the food! I'm a hungry human.
The food is where things get interesting. The buffet! God, the buffet. It’s a beast. You wander in, all innocent and ready to sample, and BAM! Fifteen different curries staring back at you. Seriously, the sheer *selection* is overwhelming. The dosas are generally amazing – perfectly crispy, even at 3 AM (okay, I’m exaggerating, but sometimes it feels like it!). I once, and I’m not proud of this, ate *three* idlis drenched in sambar. Three! I think I was in a curry coma for the next six hours. The a la carte, well, it's a little hit and miss. Stick to the Indian dishes, I say. Tried the pasta once: a mistake. It arrived looking like it had been abandoned on a desert island for a week. Stick to the Butter Chicken, okay? You won't be sorry. And the breakfast? DEFINITELY worth getting up for. Fresh fruit, eggs cooked however you want, and a whole table dedicated solely to pastries. (My kryptonite.)
What's the 'Service' like? Are the Staff Super Stuffy or Actually Helpful?
Okay, service. This is where Fortune Park often shines. The staff are generally charming, helpful, and genuinely try to make your stay pleasant. There was this one time, I had a *massive* stain on my favorite silk shirt – don't ask – and the laundry service was incredible. It came back looking BETTER than new, and the guy who brought it to my room actually *smiled* sympathetically when he saw my face. Now that's service. But (and there's always a "but", isn't there?), one time, I asked for an extra pillow, and I'm pretty sure it took them two hours and three phone calls and a small negotiation with a cleaning lady to deliver it.. But hey, things happen, right? Overall, the staff clearly care, and that really counts for a lot.
Any Nearby Attractions Worth Checking Out? Or Am I Stuck in a Hotel Bubble?
Vellore isn't exactly known for being a bustling tourist hotspot, let's be honest. The main draw is the CMC (Christian Medical College) Hospital (which is a huge deal, and brings a lot of people to the city). The Fort is cool - definitely worth a quick peek, even if you’re not a history buff. Also, the Golden Temple is *insane*. Like, seriously, it's ridiculously glittering, gold-covered, and over-the-top. Good for Instagram, good for the soul (maybe?). But honestly? I sometimes just chilled at the hotel for a few days. Take a book, or don't. The peace and quiet can be a very powerful draw, and let's face it, the buffet is conveniently located.
Okay, You Mentioned a "Single Experience"? Hit Me. What's the Most Memorable Thing That Happened?
Alright, fine. Buckle up. This is when the whole "messy, honest, funny" thing really kicks in. There was this one stay. I’d been travelling for weeks. I was exhausted, my stomach was playing up (too many questionable street snacks, I suspect), and I was just, generally, a mess. I'd decided to order room service. The chicken biryani. Sounded safe, right? Wrong. Like, so spectacularly wrong. The biryani arrived – looking gorgeous, mind you. Fragrant rice, succulent chicken, all that jazz. I took one bite. And then... the spice. Oh, sweet, merciful heavens, THE SPICE. It was like someone had poured a bucket of chili powder directly into my mouth. I coughed. I choked. I probably turned a shade of red usually reserved for sunsets over volcanic eruptions. My eyes watered. My nose ran. I flailed around my room like a particularly inept fish, searching desperately for water, milk, *anything*. I think I even tried chewing on a pillow. The hotel staff heard the pandemonium and sent someone up with a pitcher of lassi faster than you could say "burn!" That lassi. The blessed lassi. It saved my life. Okay, maybe not. But it definitely saved my sanity. I'll never forget that biryani. And now, every time I order room service, I send a note that says, "Easy on the chilies, please. I'm a wimp." It's my personal, ongoing, albeit slightly embarrassing, legacy at Fortune Park.
Is it Kid-Friendly?
Yeah, generally, it's fine for kids. They've got a pool (always a winner), the staff are super accommodating (even with the little terrors), and the food is generally kid-friendly. The buffet could either be a blessing or a curse, depending on your children's eating habits. But overall, it's a decent option for families. Just, maybe keep a close eye on them near the biryani. For their own sanity and the wellbeing of the hotel staff, you know?
The Pool! Is the Pool Any Good? Important Question!
The pool? It's...a pool. It's clean. It's usually not *too* crowded. It's a perfect place to spend an hour or two, especially after a sweaty day of sightseeing or, you know, surviving the buffet. I'd say, it's *good* enough to make you want to go swimming. Don't expect anything fancy like infinity edges. But it serves its purpose. I once saw a kid attempt a cannonball off the shallow end, which, honestly, was more entertaining than a blockbuster movie. So, yes, the pool is good. And a good pool is always welcome, right?

