Escape to Chicago: Unbeatable O'Hare Hotel Deal!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare By IHG Chicago (IL) United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare By IHG Chicago (IL) United States

Escape to Chicago: Unbeatable O'Hare Hotel Deal!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the murky (but hopefully sparkling clean!) waters of the "Escape to Chicago: Unbeatable O'Hare Hotel Deal!" Sounds… well, it sounds like a hotel deal near O'Hare. Let’s see if it ACTUALLY delivers. I'm going to break this down, and I’m NOT holding anything back – the good, the bad, and the probably-needs-more-cleaning-than-they-admit.

First Impressions and the Stuff That Matters (and the Stuff That Probably Doesn't But I'll Mention It Anyway)

Okay, so accessibility. That’s HUGE, folks. Accessibility It says "Facilities for disabled guests." Okay, good start. We need specifics, though. Like, are there ramps everywhere? Braille on the elevator buttons? I really HATE when places CLAIM accessibility and then it's like, "Oh, yeah, we have a ramp but it's steeper than a Wall Street profit margin." This needs to be nailed down! We can assume that the "Facilities for disabled guests" covers at least the basics. A room with accessibility features, and hopefully an elevator.

Wheelchair accessible is a great sign – but, again, verify, verify, verify! Call ahead, read reviews, and don't be afraid to ask pointed questions.

Internet Access: Whew. Okay. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the internet gods! And they have Free Wi-Fi in public areas too. That's a MUST in this day and age. Seriously, try navigating O'Hare without internet… you’ll end up wearing a novelty hat and mumbling conspiracy theories to pigeons. They also mention Internet [LAN] which is for you tech nerds who want to plug in to your internet with a cable. Internet services are a good sign. Sounds like you can actually, you know, WORK or watch that Netflix episode you've been putting off.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Post-Pandemic Reality Check

This is where I get a little twitchy. Anti-viral cleaning products? Good, good. Daily disinfection in common areas? Awesome! Hand sanitizer? Yessss! Professional-grade sanitizing services? YES! This makes me breathe a little easier.

And they mention stuff like Staff trained in safety protocol and Hygiene certification… Again, good. But… how trained? What kind of certification? Don’t just tell me, SHOW me. Let's see hand sanitizer readily available, and staff that look like they know what they are doing.

Now for the interesting ones: Room sanitization opt-out available (I'm intrigued. Maybe I WANT them to REALLY blast that room. Or maybe I'm a germaphobe) and Rooms sanitized between stays. This makes me feel a little more at ease, which is good because I'm a notorious hotel bed-checker. I'm the guy who brings his own Lysol wipes and… well, never mind.

They also have Cashless payment service, which is great for those of us who've completely forgotten how to use cash, and Safe dining setup, a MUST.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Where Dreams (and Cravings) Are Made

Okay, let’s get down to the important stuff. FOOD.

Restaurants: Plural! That’s good. A la carte in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Poolside bar, Snack bar, Western cuisine in restaurant. This… sounds promising. I'm picturing a decent breakfast buffet with a questionable omelet station (a classic hotel experience) and a nice poolside bar to nurse my post-flight anxiety. I'm also hoping for a decent cup of coffee. This is critical.

The mention of Alternative meal arrangement and Individually-wrapped food options? Smart, especially in these times. However, I do hope the individual wrapping isn't just another layer of plastic to add to the environmental nightmare.

The "Things to Do" & Relaxing Situation: The Spa and Sauna Dreams

Here’s where the hotel could shine, or utterly fail. Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor] Oh, HELLO! If this is true, and the pool isn’t freezing, this could be fantastic, especially if you want to relax. A sauna and a steam room? YES, PLEASE. After a long flight, that's pure bliss. But a pool with a view? What kind of view? Concrete jungle? Or something actually… scenic? That can make or break a stay.

The "For the Kids" Category…Because Let's Face It, We All Have One Inside!

Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. Sounds like they're trying to cater to families, which is great. I don’t have kids, but I appreciate that hotels think of them.

The "Services and Conveniences" Rundown: The Stuff You Might Actually Need

Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning (thank God, it's Chicago!), Concierge, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes… this list is pretty standard for a decent hotel. A doorman? Fancy.

Getting around: Where's my airport transfer?

Airport transfer YES! A huge selling point for an O’Hare hotel. Car park [free of charge], well thats even better. Taxi service Very standard Valet parking Great for the lazy traveller.

The "Available in All Rooms" Pile: Where the Real Comfort Lies

Ah, the meat and potatoes. Air conditioning (again, sigh of relief). Alarm clock. Bathrobes, Coffee/tea maker (Yes! This is ESSENTIAL). Daily housekeeping (assuming they actually clean). Desk. Free bottled water (nice touch). Free Wi-Fi again (thank god). Hair dryer (crucial for me, and anyone else with a head of hair that requires a lot of work). High floor. In-room safe box. Mini bar (I hope it has decent snacks). Non-smoking, Private bathroom. Satellite/cable channels. Separate shower/bathtub. Slippers. Smoke detector. Telephone. Wake-up service. Window that opens.

The opening windows are actually a good sign, and they seem very important to the atmosphere of the hotel.

Let's Get Real: Possible Drawbacks and Things to Watch Out For

This is where things get a bit… skeptical. Because while the list is impressive, the devil is in the details.

  • Is the "pool with a view" actually good view? Or just… a slightly less depressing view of the parking lot?
  • The breakfast buffet: Is it worth the price? Are the eggs suspiciously yellow?
  • The Spa and Sauna: Are they clean? Are the facilities well-maintained?
  • Accessibility… again, verify. Call, ask questions. Don't assume.
  • The Staff: Are they friendly? Helpful? Or do they look like they hate their jobs?

The "Unbeatable O'Hare Hotel Deal!" - My Unsolicited Review and the Sales Pitch!

Okay, so based on just the information provided, "Escape to Chicago: Unbeatable O'Hare Hotel Deal!" could be a winner. It has all the right ingredients: proximity to the airport, a decent amenity list including a pool, hopefully a good breakfast, and the promise of cleanliness.

Now, Let's get down to the REAL meat of the matter (because let's be honest, this is where you get sold!):

My Honest Opinion:

This hotel wants you to have a good time. It's throwing amenities at you like confetti. Now it is up to you to check on them, and ask questions. So, if you're facing a layover, arriving in Chicago, or just want a quick escape, a hotel near O’Hare is a great option.

THE SALES PITCH

Tired of Endless Layovers? Ditch the Airport Blues, Embrace the Spa! Escape to Chicago with Our Unbeatable O'Hare Hotel Deal!

Listen, we've all been there. Stuck in O'Hare, staring at the departure board, praying your flight isn't delayed again. But what if instead of enduring another airport purgatory, you could be sipping a cocktail poolside, sweating out your stress in a sauna, or enjoying a delicious breakfast without the airport prices?

With our "Escape to Chicago: Unbeatable O'Hare Hotel Deal!" your layover becomes a mini-vacation.

Here's what you get:

  • Location, Location, Location: Rock solid access to O'Hare, and the city!
  • The Relaxation Retreat: A pool with a view (
Escape to Vietnam: Luxurious Hung Yen Studio Apartment!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare By IHG Chicago (IL) United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare By IHG Chicago (IL) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your pristine, Pinterest-perfect itinerary. This is a Bensenville, Illinois adventure, experienced through the lens of a perpetually caffeine-deprived traveler with a penchant for bad decisions and a deep, abiding love for questionable airport food. We're talking Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare, people. Prepare for the glorious mess!

Day 1: Ode to Delays and the Pizza Crust Predicament

  • Morning (because "morning" is a state of mind, not a time): Arrive at O'Hare. Sigh. This is the part where I'd love to sound sophisticated and say "I gracefully navigated the airport." But realism dictates "I wrestled a suitcase the size of a small child through a sea of stressed-out business travelers, narrowly avoided bodily harm from a rogue rolling carry-on, and probably offended three people with my general existence before even getting to baggage claim."
  • Baggage Claim Bliss (or the Lack Thereof): My suitcase, predictably, decides to take a scenic route. This involves an extended viewing of other people's luggage, and the inevitable internal monologue of "Is that… is that MY bag? No, too organized. Definitely not mine. Damn." Finally, it appears, looking bruised and slightly ashamed.
  • The Shuttle Shuffle to the Hotel: Okay, the Holiday Inn Express shuttle. It's clean, thank God. The driver seems to have seen some things (haven't we all?), but he's polite. The ride is a blur of highway signs and the faint scent of… airport disinfectant.
  • Check-In Chaos (and an Unexpected Upgrade): "Hi, welcome!" the front desk person chirps. They're way too cheerful for this hour. Luckily, they inform me that I have been upgraded to a suite! Bonus points! internal screaming over the fact that I was going to spend a night in a suite.
  • Settling In & Immediate Regret: My suite! It's not exactly the Ritz, but it's got a couch, a desk, and a vaguely creepy landscape painting above the bed. I have a moment of utter elation (suite life!). I unpack my things. I dump my laptop and my work essentials in the desk: the charger, my AirPods, notebooks. I sit on the couch, ready to work, and… no laptop. I've left it in the shuttle, haven't I? The blood drains from my face. I call the front desk, and the shuttle driver, bless his heart, brings it back. He gives me a look, and I am fairly certain that he is judging me, right down to my socks.
  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Pizza Quest and the Crust Conundrum: I am, by God, starving. Google Maps says "pizza" in Bensenville is a thing. So, pizza it is. The place is a classic, dimly lit, vinyl-booth establishment. I order a large pepperoni. It arrives, a beautiful behemoth of cheesy, saucy goodness. But… the crust. The crust. It's like eating a brick. I swear I can break the glass with it. I contemplate a sternly worded email to the chef. Instead. I try to eat it anyway. I peel the toppings off and eat the center. I declare myself the winner of the "Pizza Wars". I feel triumphant.
  • Night: The Netflix Numb and The Existential Dread: Back at the hotel, I collapse on the couch and turn on Netflix. Some true crime docu-series, maybe. Because why not invite the existential dread to the party?

Day 2: "Fly By Wire" and Departure Drama

  • Morning (a more defined time this time because, flights): Wake up feeling remarkably un-hungover, despite the pizza and the existential dread. Pack. Attempt to decipher the cryptic hotel coffee situation – a machine of mysteries. Fail. End up with weak, lukewarm brown water. Sigh.
  • Breakfast Disaster (or, "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Scrambled Eggs"): The hotel breakfast buffet is a culinary landscape of questionable sausages, rubber eggs, and strangely sweet pastries. I pile on what I can stomach.
  • The O'Hare Odyssey, Part Deux: The shuttle to O'Hare. I'm on high alert this time, double-checking for laptops. The driver gives me a knowing nod. I swear, he remembers me.
  • Security Shenanigans: Going through security is always a highlight. Shoes off. Laptop out. Liquids in a bag. My personal brand of chaos is on display. The TSA agent looks at me with a blend of boredom and suspicion. I probably have a questionable stain on my shirt. I shuffle through, feeling like a minor criminal.
  • Gate-side Stare-Down: Gate assigned! I find a seat, plug in my phone, and people-watch with the intensity of a seasoned anthropologist. The woman next to me is knitting an intricate cable-knit sweater. The guy across the aisle is wearing noise-canceling headphones and appears to be in a trance. I'm jealous of both.
  • Delayed Departure: A Modern Tragedy: DING. The flight is delayed. An interminable wait. I contemplate buying a ridiculously overpriced airport sandwich. Decide against it. Contemplate the meaning of existence.
  • The Flight From Hell (or, "Maybe I Should Have Stayed at the Hotel"): Cramped seats. Turbulence. A screaming baby. The lady behind me insists on reclining her seat and pushing my laptop every six minutes.
  • Arrival (and the Sweet Taste of Freedom): Finally, we land. I stumble off the plane, adrenaline coursing through my veins. Baggage claim. More waiting. More internal monologues. Finally, freedom. I am out of O'Hare, and I am free!

Post-Trip Reflection (aka, the "Wait, Did I Enjoy Myself?" Moment):

Honestly? It was a mess. A beautiful, chaotic mess. Bensenville, the Holiday Inn, the pizza, the airport… they all contributed to a travel story that’s uniquely, wonderfully me. I wouldn't have it any other way, even if the pizza crust still haunts my dreams. Would I go back? Maybe. Probably. Just as soon as I find a therapist specializing in airport anxiety.

Hattiesburg's Hidden Gem: Holiday Inn North - Unbelievable Deals!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare By IHG Chicago (IL) United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare By IHG Chicago (IL) United States

Escape to Chicago: Unbeatable O'Hare Hotel Deal! (Seriously, Is It?) - FAQs (and My Inner Monologue)

Alright, alright, spill the beans. What's so "unbeatable" about this deal? Is it actually, you know, *good*?

Okay, okay, deep breaths. "Unbeatable" is marketing speak, obviously. But… I actually think it's pretty darn good. Look, here's the gist: Super-close to O'Hare, shuttles running like clockwork (usually, more on that later), usually it's cheaper than parking *at* the airport, and you get a decent room. Think clean sheets, a slightly-too-firm bed, and a complimentary continental breakfast that's…well, it's there. You're not getting five-star luxury, but you're definitely dodging the eye-watering airport hotel prices. Honestly, from a personal standpoint, it was great as I always book it when I am going somewhere from O'Hare. I always feel like it would make my trip easier.

The airport shuttle. Gimme the lowdown. Are we talking a reliable lifeline or a slow, soul-crushing ordeal?

Ah, the shuttle. The shuttle… It's usually good. They say "every 15 minutes!" and most of the time, they do actually show up in that timeframe. But, and this is a big but, sometimes, *sometimes*, it's a bit of a gamble. Like the time I had a 6 AM flight, practically sprinting to the pickup area, breathlessly, and waiting...and waiting...for 45 minutes. My heart…it was like a drum solo against my ribs. Finally, a beat-up minivan with a "Hotel X - O'Hare" sign pulled up, and I squeezed in with about a dozen other stressed-out souls. The driver, bless his cotton socks, looked like he'd pulled a double shift, and the AC... well, it clearly took a vacation of its own. Anyway, the point is: *plan ahead*. Add some buffer time. You'll be less likely to lose your mind. And that buffer time is essential!

The breakfast. Be honest. Is it worth rolling out of bed for?

Continental breakfast. The phrase itself is tinged with a certain…sadness, isn’t it? Okay, look, it’s free. And it *usually* includes coffee that vaguely resembles coffee, some sad little muffins, maybe a piece of fruit that's seen better days, and often, a waffle maker. The waffle maker is key. Embrace the waffle maker. Even if the waffles are slightly cardboard-y, they're warm, and you can load them up with syrup and pretend you're having a feast. Embrace the illusion! It is better than going hungry. Honestly, on the scale of “hotel breakfasts,” it’s… well, it’s not great. But it's not actively trying to poison you, so there’s that.

What's the room actually *like*? Pictures can be deceptive.

Right, the room. Picture this: clean (usually), a bed (often a bit too firm, but hey, it's better than sleeping on the floor), a TV that probably works (might be a bit fuzzy), and a bathroom that’s functional. The decor? Let's go with "generic hotel chic." Don't expect anything inspiring. It's the kind of room where you're going to spend the bare minimum of time. It's a place to sleep, shower and not much else. Honestly, I kind of *like* it. It's like, this blank canvas, with the kind of anonymity that you only find in a hotel room, ready for me to just… flop.

Let's say something goes horribly wrong. What's the hotel's customer service like? Are they generally helpful or are you better off just weeping silently in a corner?

Customer service… ah, another gamble. Sometimes you get a gem, a genuinely helpful person who actually *cares*. Other times, you get someone who seems to have vowed to make your life just a little bit more difficult. It’s hit or miss, really. Best advice? Be polite, kill 'em with kindness. (Even if you are silently seething because the Wi-Fi is down and that important email *must* be sent). If you get a dud, calmly ask to speak to a manager. And if *that* doesn’t work…well, you're on your own. But the goal is usually to get to the airport. So I'd assume they would be much more nicer and helpful.

Parking? Is it easy or a parking nightmare?

Parking is usually fairly straightforward! Compared to battling for a spot at O'Hare itself, it should be a breeze. Most hotels included parking. It should be easy, but double-check! Just imagine the relief of not having to circle the airport terminal for 20 minutes while listening to your family argue about the perfect podcast. That alone is worth the price of admission.

What about nearby restaurants? Are there any decent options if you don't feel like airplane food?

Okay, let's be honest, you’re not exactly in the culinary capital of the world here. O'Hare hotels aren't located within a food paradise. Depends on the hotel, some have hotel attached restaurants. But, there are some fast-food options, a few chain restaurants within a short drive. The key is to *plan*. Google Maps is your friend. Don't wait until you're starving to try to find something. Trust me on that one. Hangry is not a good travel companion.

So, overall, is this deal worth it? Really?

Yes, generally. Yeah, there are always risks. Shuttles that are late, sometimes. Coffee that's… dubious, sometimes. But if you're looking for a convenient, relatively affordable place to rest your head before a flight out of O'Hare, or you are getting back to the airport. Yeah, sure. Do it. I have. Repeatedly. Just temper your expectations, pack some snacks, and remember the waffle maker is your friend. And, more importantly, pack your patience! Because, travel.
Starlight Inns

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare By IHG Chicago (IL) United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare By IHG Chicago (IL) United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare By IHG Chicago (IL) United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bensenville - O'Hare By IHG Chicago (IL) United States