Escape to KC: Homewood Suites Speedway Views!

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway Kansas City (KS) United States

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway Kansas City (KS) United States

Escape to KC: Homewood Suites Speedway Views!

Okay, buckle up, Buttercup, because we're diving deep into Escape to KC: Homewood Suites Speedway Views! Get ready for a review that's less perfectly-polished travel brochure and more, "Hey, I actually stayed there, and this is how it really went."

Escape to KC: Homewood Suites Speedway Views! - My Honest-to-Goodness, No-Holds-Barred Review (With Some Rambles, Naturally)

First off, let's be real. "Speedway Views"? Okay, maybe a tiny peep of the track from some rooms. Don't expect to feel like you’re in the race. That's like expecting a Broadway show from a community theater – you get the idea, but not the full experience. But hey, I digress.

Accessibility, Safety & Cleanliness: My OCD's New Best Friend?

Okay, seriously, as someone who travels with… well, let's just say a healthy dose of germaphobia, I was actually impressed by the cleanliness. I'm talking, "Where's the hazmat suit?" levels of care.

  • Cleanliness and Safety: They've got the whole shebang: anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection, room sanitization between stays (bless!), and staff trained to a tee. The hand sanitizer dispensers were everywhere. I nearly bathed in the stuff. They even offered room sanitization opt-out, which, frankly, I found bonkers, but hey, options are good, right? Plus, the common areas were obviously getting an overhaul every day. This is a win in this world of ours, right?
  • Accessibility: The elevator was a godsend. They claim to have facilities for disabled guests, which, being able-bodied myself, I couldn't fully test, but the layout seemed pretty good.
  • Things to do: Well, technically, there's the fitness center, but the main joy is probably the proximity to actual things to do. The Speedway itself is, well, close. (Though, side note: I spent most of my time looking forward and not dwelling on how much I was cough cough paying.)

Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms (And That Damn Internet!)

My room? Okay, it felt like a well-appointed apartment. They've thought of everything:

  • Available in all rooms: Yep, your standard suspects are included: air conditioning, alarm clock (remember those?), bathrobes (thank heavens!), coffee/tea maker (essential!), desk (ugh, work), hair dryer (life-saver!), in-room safe box, iron, mini bar (empty, sadly), refrigerators and Wi-Fi [free].
  • Internet Access… and the Saga: The free Wi-Fi in all rooms was generally good. But my goodness, on one night, it was spotty. Keep in mind that you have to have the password with you, and the Wi-Fi [free] is just that, free. You do still have the option for Internet access – LAN.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fuel for Adventure (or Just Staying Up Late)

Okay, the breakfast [buffet] was… pretty standard. Nothing mind-blowing, but hey, free food? It's hard to complain. They did have Breakfast in room, which was a nice touch. I saw a Coffee shop, but I was too lazy to try it. There's a snack bar, because, obviously, you need those. However, I did not find any restaurants.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference

This is where Homewood Suites shines. They totally understand the weary traveler.

  • Services and conveniences: The 24-hour front desk, the elevator, and the free car park [on-site].

For the Kids: (I don't know, Really!)

I didn't travel with children, but they do have family-friendly stuff like babysitting service and possibly some Kids facilities, I'm not sure what it is.

NOW, LET'S BE HONEST ABOUT THE EMOTIONAL IMPACT:

This hotel is SOLID. It’s not going to blow your mind, make you re-evaluate your life, or give you an existential crisis. It's a reliable, clean, and convenient basecamp for exploring Kansas City. It's the type of hotel you'd book if you wanted to have a good resting space that is not going to get in your way. It gets the job done, and does it well. The staff seemed nice. That matters, after all.

The Offer That Gets You in the Door (and Maybe Smiling):

Escape to KC: Homewood Suites Speedway Views! – Stress-Free Stay

Book your stay now and enjoy:

  • Peace of mind: Extra effort on cleanliness and top-notch security measures.
  • The perfect resting place: Clean, spacious rooms with all the comforts you need.
  • Convenience: Close to the Speedway (for those who love it) and other KC attractions.

Why Book Now? Because you deserve it!

Luxury Saigon Suite: 2BR, 2BA RiverGate Perfection!

Book Now

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway Kansas City (KS) United States

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway Kansas City (KS) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're about to dive headfirst into the chaos that is my trip to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway in… well, Kansas City (KS), United States. This ain't your grandma's itinerary, folks. This is travel, unfiltered.

Day 1: Arrival & Unintentional Endurance Test

  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: The Great Descent (and the Great "Where's My Luggage?" Game)

    So, I land in Kansas City. Everything seems alright. Smug, even. Plane landed, I walked into the airport like I owned the place, and then… the luggage carousel. Oh, the luggage carousel. My suitcase, a valiant soldier through countless journeys, was… MIA. Gone. Vanished. Poof. Cue the internal panic. The airport staff, bless their hearts, looked like they'd seen it all, which, in aviation, I'm sure they have. After a truly Kafkaesque conversation involving lost luggage forms and the agonizing phrase, "Let's see if it turns up," I decide, fine. I’m making a run to my hotel. (Side Note: Remember to bring your chargers, folks. Nothing like being stranded without a phone in your hotel room, waiting for an email)

  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Homeward (Sort Of) Bound

    Okay, so I grab an Uber, and we're off to the promised land – the Homewood Suites. First impression? Actually not bad. The lobby’s clean, the staff is surprisingly nice. They seemed to understand the "I've-been-traveling-for-hours-and-my-suitcase-is-lost" look, and ushered me to my room with genuine empathy. It's these little human touches that make a hotel room… bearable.

  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Room, Ramen, and the Existential Dread of Unpacking (or lack thereof)

    Okay, so the room is decent. Standard Homewood Suites fare – a little kitchen area, a couch, a bed that looks inviting. But then reality hits. No suitcase. No toothbrush. No change of clothes. I’m basically living out of my backpack. I spend a good hour staring out the window, contemplating the meaning of life, the universe, and the whereabouts of my lost socks. Then, I find a ramen shop and get the noodles delivered to the room. And, you know what? It hits the spot. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. Maybe simplicity is key. Maybe I need to embrace this minimalist, suitcase-less existence. (Spoiler alert: I won't.)

  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Retail Therapy (and the Reluctant Acquisition of Underwear)

    Alright, time to address the elephant in the room – or rather, the lack of elephant in the now-suitcase-free room. I venture out, figuring I need… essentials. Underwear. Toothbrush. Some semblance of a normal human being. I end up at a generic store, feeling a bizarre mix of embarrassment and liberation as I eye the underwear rack. Turns out buying emergency underwear is both necessary, and strangely… cathartic.

  • 7:00 PM - Bedtime: Dinner, Drinks, and the Utter Exhaustion of Existing

    Dinner is at a nearby restaurant - I don't want to use the hotel kitchen in my current situation. The food is decent. The company, an empty table, and my weary mind. I collapse into bed, the crisp new sheets a welcome relief. Praying to the luggage gods for my suitcase’s safe return.

Day 2: Exploring (and the Ongoing Suitcase Saga)

  • Morning (Whatever Time I Wake Up): Breakfast and the Pursuit of the Phantom Suitcase

    Homewood Suites gives a free breakfast, which is a lifesaver. It's your average hotel breakfast buffet, with the kind of scrambled eggs that I suspect have never actually met a chicken. But hey, it’s food. After breakfast, I make the mandatory call to the airline. Still no news. My emotional rollercoaster continues its climb and plunge routine.

  • Mid-Morning: The Speedway (Maybe?) and the Eternal Wait

    My original plan was to check out the Kansas Speedway. I'm a little hesitant, though. First, because I feel like I'm still in a mild state of shock brought on by lost luggage and second, because I feel like I need to stay near the phone to ensure my luggage is safe.

  • Afternoon: Local Eats & the Slow Burn of Boredom

    Since the Speedway is out (for now), I decide to embrace the local flavor. I've researched a few restaurants nearby. More driving. More hoping. More waiting. Somewhere in the afternoon, I begin to lose the sense of time. The waiting is starting to have a real effect. The hours tick by. The phone stares me down.

  • Evening: More Dinner, More Waiting, More Existential Angst

    Another dinner at a different restaurant. Different place, same feeling. My moods are going up and down like the tide. I'm on the phone again. I'm staring out the window again.

Day 3: The Turning Point (Hopefully) & Departure…Eventually.

  • Morning: The Holy Grail (Maybe!)

    I wake up. The phone rings. It’s the airline! They’ve found my suitcase! I’m practically doing the happy dance in the lobby. The suitcase arrives and looks like it's been through a war. But I don't care; I have supplies. I have everything! I feel like a human again!

  • Mid-Day: Speedway Round Two & Sweet, Sweet Freedom

    Okay, time to put that luggage behind me and experience the Speedway. I decide to be a race car driver. The experience is thrilling. After my turn, its time for some serious celebrating. I'm leaving the hotel feeling good.

  • Afternoon/Before Dinner: The Last Ride

    I got so many memories and experiences here. It was messy. Emotionally overwhelming. But I did it. I am proud of it.

  • Departure & Final Reflections

    Driving to the airport. I look back. I laugh. And I’m pretty sure I learned a thing or two about resilience, emergency underwear, and the sheer, beautiful chaos of travel.

Uncover Matera's Secrets: Luxury Stays in Historic Agli Archi Dimore

Book Now

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway Kansas City (KS) United States

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway Kansas City (KS) United States

Escape to KC: Homewood Suites Speedway Views! - The Unfiltered FAQ (Because Honestly, Reviews are ALWAYS too Sugarcoated)

Alright, spill the beans. Is this place *actually* good if you're not, like, a NASCAR fanatic? 'Cause the "Speedway Views" thing is... well, it's *a thing*.

Okay, look. I'm going to level with you. I went during a non-race weekend. My knowledge of cars stops at "they go vroom." BUT... and this is a big but, the view? It's kinda mesmerizing. Seriously. The sheer *scale* of the track is something else. I'm not a car person, but even *I* found myself staring out the window at all that asphalt and thinking, "Wow, people *drive* on that?" So, yeah, even if you don't care about racing, the view is… impressive. It's like seeing a mini-Grand Canyon, only made of blacktop. Plus, you can watch the sunrise over it! (If you're an early bird, which I'm... working on.)

The free breakfast. Don't lie to me. Is it the usual hotel slop, or is it edible? I've had some *experiences*...

Okay, the breakfast situation is... complicated. Let's just say it's a *spectrum*. One morning, the waffle maker worked perfectly, and the "fresh" fruit actually looked… well, *fresh-ish*. I felt like a king! Golden waffles, decent coffee, life was good. But then… the next day? The waffle maker was a grumpy old machine, the fruit was clearly in a fruit coma, and the scrambled eggs tasted suspiciously of… well, I'm not sure *what*. Let's just say bring your own backup snacks. I'd say it’s a coin flip. You might get breakfast bliss or breakfast… disappointment. But hey, free is free, right? (Except when it's not, because time is money and wasted breakfast is wasted... time. *sigh*)

Let's talk about parking. Is it a nightmare? Because sometimes I just want to *park* and not spend my life circling the lot.

Parking? Surprisingly decent. I mean, it's not like you're crammed into a tiny space with a bazillion other cars. There's a good amount of room. Maybe a little bit of a walk depending on where your room is, but nothing that'll make you want to hurl your luggage. Plus, I *think* (don't quote me on this, I'm terrible with directions) there's even a semi-decent entrance and exit plan. So, overall, parking is a win. Which is a low bar, I know, but hey, at least you're not circling the lot like a shark looking for a snack.

The rooms... are they clean? Like, actually *clean* clean, or "hotel clean" which sometimes means "surface level and pray for the best"?

Okay, this is important. My room? Mostly clean. I have this weird, slightly irrational fear of germs, so I'm a bit of a cleanliness freak. I did a quick inspection when I first arrived. No major red flags, no questionable stains on the sheets, no armies of dust bunnies running amok. I even checked under the bed! (Don't judge me.) So, yeah, I’d say it was a pass. It's not a five-star hotel, mind you, but it's definitely not squalor. My only real complaint was the weird smell of… something. Maybe cleaning products? Old carpet? I couldn’t place it, but it wasn't overpowering. So… clean enough for my germaphobe standards. That's saying something, I swear.

What about the pool and gym? Worth bothering with?

Okay, I *attempted* the gym. I say *attempted* because I'm not a gym rat. More like a gym…visitor. It was small, with the usual suspects: treadmills, a couple of weights, the kind of equipment you look at and think "Yeah, I *could*… but Netflix is calling." The pool? Didn't even get close. Seemed… fine. Cleanish looking. But I'm a shower person, myself. So, if you're a gym person, you might be mildly satisfied. If you're a pool person, it might be… okay? Don't expect a luxury spa experience, though. The whole area felt… utilitarian. The kind of place you go to *because* you have to, not because you desperately *want* to.

Okay, back to the *Speedway Views*. Tell me about those sunsets! Did you catch any epic ones?

Okay, so... the sunsets. This is where things get tricky. One night, I swear the sky was on *fire*. Brilliant oranges, fiery reds, purples that looked like they’d been painted by a celestial artist. Truly amazing. I sat there, jaw agape, watching the colors dance across the track. It was breathtaking. I took a photo, obviously trying to capture all the beauty with my phone, but it just didn't... do it justice. The next night? Cloudy. Totally and utterly cloudy. Zilch. Zero. Nada. Just… gray. So, it's a gamble. Nature's a fickle beast, and Mother Nature is on a very different schedule from mine. But when the sunset does decide to show up... it's worth it. Just be prepared for disappointment sometimes. That's life, right? Beautiful and disappointing, all at once. Ugh, now I'm getting all philosophical on you...

Location, location, location! Is it close to anything interesting? Like, beyond the racetrack, which, again, I'm not sure I care THAT much about…

Okay, location. This IS a bit of a mixed bag. You're close to the Speedway, obviously. And there are some restaurants and shops… that's the upside. The downside? You're also kind of… in the middle of… well, a lot of asphalt. It’s not exactly a bustling city center. You'll probably need a car to go anywhere decent, especially if you're looking for things like, say, an actual grocery store. So, yeah. Convenient for the Speedway, maybe a little less convenient for everything else. Plan accordingly. I mean, a grocery store to get chips is something I need, and in this case, I did need the car…

Would you stay here again? Be honest, I can handle it.

Honestly? Yeah, probably. Despite the questionable breakfast and the slightly-in-the-middle-of-nowhere location, it wasn't a *bad* experience. The view, really, saves it. It's weirdly peaceful, even if you're not a racing fan. Plus, it was clean-ish and generally uneventful. And sometimes, that's exactly what you want, especially when you want to beHotel Search Today

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway Kansas City (KS) United States

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway Kansas City (KS) United States

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway Kansas City (KS) United States

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Speedway Kansas City (KS) United States